Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

How come no one uses this...?

I was just wondering how come there are very few people using nitrous on their machines?

I personally know of a few people that have been running it for a while with no trouble or failure whatsoever...

So, why dont YOU use it? All you need is two pumps and props and with the amount of money spent on these machines I dont think that would be a problem...

Yea always wonderd that myself mabe i might just add some nitrous oxide to my ski to see what happens.

+1
    Besides from having to have two pumps I think most people are scared to use nitrous, if they dont understand how to use it that can be intimidateing to some

http://youtube.com/watch?v=poCsdMrm998

Start watching at about 40 seconds in. About 1min 10 sec is my favorite comment about nos by Gale Banks.

for those that have experience with Nitrous and know how to tune, I think it`s a bit iffy for the 4-tecs. but for those that don`t have a clue and think it may be a simple bolt on for immediate HP increase should really not consider this mod.
    one small backfire in the intake = BOOM, to lean = Boom...
    can the supercharge clutch and shaft handle a decent shockload when you hit the button?... just throwing this out there...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=poCsdMrm998

Start watching at about 40 seconds in. About 1min 10 sec is my favorite comment about nos by Gale Banks.

Gale Banks is the KING!!! I think he needs a project RXP to make a turbo kit for

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Gale Banks is the KING!!! I think he needs a project RXP to make a turbo kit for
    HECKS YEAH!!! First twin turbo RXP.

Talking

NX way to Go

I don't think it's very useful in a jetski application.

1) there's a weight issue. In order to tote around enough nitrous to satisfy a typical outing on the water, you'd need a fairly large nitrous bottle. That means space and weight.

2) As stated, nitrous is primarily used in drag racing applications or short durations. In the case of a jetski, unless you simply had a very expensive computerized setup that you could flip on and off, it wouldn't be viable. Even then, whats the point of having only a couple of hits? I have a $1400 venom nitrous setup for my car and it's mostly for cooling intake charge temps more than anything.

The expenses of doing it right (particularly in jet ski app's) don't make sense. You're better off getting more power via bore/stroke, etc.

Unless you're a drag racer on the water, and you only need a few hits during any one outing, and you're able to set it up that way (engage at WOT after you flip it on).....then it's not really achieving anything (even then it's pretty limited).

I guess for one or two seat of the pants experiences each time out, it'd be cool. Anything more than that and you'd have to have a 15 or 20 lb bottle and a place to put the darned thing. a 5 lb bottle is only going to get you a few hits and your done. So you'd have to be able to turn it on when you wanted it and off when you didn't. That level of sophistication gets expensive.

Goint point Gale

He makes a good point. Can you blow up b/c of nitrous?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information