Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

In all due respect, new ski`s are:

In all due respect, the new SD ski`s are chessey to say the least.
    I was at the dealer today, yes they are open on Sundays, I checked out an 07 GTI SE, and the rxp/rxt all models of, 155NA and the 215hp.

c`mon, chessy hoods, cheesy graphics, back to the freakin plastic pumps , chessy storage compartments. Kinda makes my 04 GTX more ski for the money compared to the new models. reduced pricing was , well hmmm, ok, but still higher than brand X 08 models...

the people there were very cool, chit chatted about this and that, I had to laugh tho, I was told the new RXP-X ski will do 72mph out of the box. I know this is being discussed in another thread so I won`t brandish this one...

I know everyone likes their machines, I`m just making an observation compared to earlier models. I still think BRP`s top cruisers are the RXT and the GTX hands down...

I think we are paying a premium price for these toys, so why are they less in quality when your paying more???

are the new Yami and kawi`s equally cheesy?...PR...

I have to say, IMHO, so far Honda`s fit and finish ranks top dog!
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 10-28-2007 at 04:13 PM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    so go take your psot to the HONDA section if this forum if this post was to boost your motivation to buy a honda, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    so go take your psot to the HONDA section if this forum if this post was to boost your motivation to buy a honda, LOL
    that`s figures that you`d jump all over this and jump to conclusions , I`ll say it again, this is just my overview from a logistical point of view, like what`s on the outside...
    don`t be so damn sensative...PR...

+1
    LMAO, did somebody just cut the cheese?

I think Yamaha is a quality build, but they got really BIG... the way the mirrors flare into the sides, I dunno, to me they look like big cows with horns, my kids always laugh when we see them on the water, lol...

The Hondas look good, run good, but to date they haven't been able to hold a candle to the SC Seadoo's hole shot or top end. Who needs turbo lag. Now in 2008 we finally see some new craft on the horizon. Hopefully, Honda, and Yammie will bring fresh blood to the musclecaft market in 2008... those of us who have been passing them right and left will say, "it's about freakin time!"

I don't know what "cheesy" means to each consumer, but the fact is—Seadoo's stock performance has flat-out pissed on every other PWC manufacturer for YEARS, and the rest of the pack is only now just starting to "catch up" to the BIG CHEESE...

+1
    "I still think BRP`s top cruisers are the RXT and the GTX hands down..."

IMO Bombs top cruiser for '08 is gonna be the RXT-X.

+1
    "I have to say, IMHO, so far Honda`s fit and finish ranks top dog!"

"Bottom Dog" is how I would rate the ride of the previous "F" series hull. So be sure to get a ride on the new one before you think about buying on fit and finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    "I still think BRP`s top cruisers are the RXT and the GTX hands down..."

IMO Bombs top cruiser for '08 is gonna be the RXT-X.
    didn`t I just say the RXT??? OK so add an "X" there you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    "I have to say, IMHO, so far Honda`s fit and finish ranks top dog!"

"Bottom Dog" is how I would rate the ride of the previous "F" series hull. So be sure to get a ride on the new one before you think about buying on fit and finish!
    I`m not talking about someone`s opinion on ride quality, I`m refering to soley the assy of the product, and Honda is "NOTED" for all of the products being built with the highest quality standars in the industry point blank, ok?...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    LMAO, did somebody just cut the cheese?

I think Yamaha is a quality build, but they got really BIG... the way the mirrors flare into the sides, I dunno, to me they look like big cows with horns, my kids always laugh when we see them on the water, lol...

The Hondas look good, run good, but to date they haven't been able to hold a candle to the SC Seadoo's hole shot or top end. Who needs turbo lag. Now in 2008 we finally see some new craft on the horizon. Hopefully, Honda, and Yammie will bring fresh blood to the musclecaft market in 2008... those of us who have been passing them right and left will say, "it's about freakin time!"

I don't know what "cheesy" means to each consumer, but the fact is—Seadoo's stock performance has flat-out pissed on every other PWC manufacturer for YEARS, and the rest of the pack is only now just starting to "catch up" to the BIG CHEESE...
    description of "cheesy" for this thread:
    means cheap light weight plastic parts and hinges etc etc. flimsy hoods, BTW have been mention or complained about plenty of time right here.
    That`s all I`m commenting on. I`m not comparing performance or handling levels, just an observation how "Maybe" just "maybe" BRP cheapened the product line bc of $$$ not bc of popular demand, maybe they think there loyal customer base will overlook the cheesy components. why did they have to go back to the plastic pump again? what`s wrong with just having the same pump for all the models for ease of manufacturing, techs and consumer do it yourselfer`s?...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    In all due respect, the new SD ski`s are chessey to say the least.
    PR what are you comparing them to? Current models by other manufacturers or older SeaDoo models? If so what years? The mid 90's GTX's, GTI's, etc. never impressed me. Same with the 2nd gen XP. Yeah the 2nd gen XP was a lot of fun to ride and such, but I didn't think the hood was top notch quality. Nor the gauges or VTS dial and such.

I agree with you somewhat on the new ones. On my RXP the hood and seat stakes seem to come loose all the time and I have to realign and tighten them. I don't understand the use of zip ties on the balast hoses. But other than that I haven't really had any issues. Everything seems to be of good quality. I do think the styling is sub par. Graphics, design, etc. I know some will disagree but I think the RXP is the best looking SeaDoo. As I said, graphics and colors need to be reworked, but compared to the GTI.

+1
    2 cents from richard,

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information