Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 07 Rxp

+1

07 Rxp

I wanted to share some info on my first 37 hours on my ski.

First I have had no problems of any kind.

I have changed the oil at 10 hrs and at 35. I was having problems getting all the oil out while changing. I accidently started the motor while tring to get more oil out. I shut it off right away. After starting it I got 5 more minutes of oil to flow through my oil extractor. When It stopped pumping, I started it again. Got 5 more minutes of oil out.

I have 8 ounces of oil left in my fourth quart of oil. After 25 hours on my oil it was very dirty. Because I never got all the oil out the first time.

I know starting the motor low on oil can not be good, however it sounded normal and only ran for a few seconds yet got all the rest of the oil out.

Yesterday I gpsd my ski with a full tank and new oil. It went in order back to back, 67.4, 68.0, 68.6, 68.7. I have posted before it goes faster every pass and has all tree times I have gpsd it.

We ride in tight twisty areas. This Rxp in Stock form carries more corner speeds than any ski I have ever had. At 35 hrs my killer hole shot is gone due to the prop spinning now.

The things I love most about this ski ?

1. New handle bars, very comfy.
    2. Storage, lots of of it.
    3. Reverse.
    4.Has hooks every where to dock. Gpr has none.
    5.Quit, power,torque, fun factor.
    6. Under 6000 rpms will run 4 hrs on a tank of fuel.
    7.Great at towing skis that break back to the dock.
    8. Carrys two people with ease and tows a ski.

Things I do not like.
    1. Removing the oil filter cap.

This is without a doubt the finest ski I have ever purchased.

Banned User
    +1
    For future reference, hold the throttle open all the way while cranking it over, the TPS will not allow it to fire. That sequence allows for the remaining oil to be pumped into the crank area, allowing for more to be removed...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrager View Post
    This Rxp in Stock form carries more corner speeds than any ski I have ever had.
    Man you aint kidding. I love (loved) my GPR, had one of the first ones built, busted my arse to get to 75 mph on stock motor. The GPR is lighter, tracks better, and is more nimble. However, as you said, the RXP carries so much corner speed it isnt even funny. You can be running full throttle and give the bars a good pull to either side and it will damn near suck your face off. The GPR just bogs down around the apex of the turn. My riding buddy has an RXP and this past summer I begged him to switch with me every time we rode. I'm an adrenaline junky and the sheer G's the RXP pulls in corners gets me all jacked up. I can't imagine what a Stage 3 RXP is like...and thats why the GPR is being sold and an RXP will be on my trailer come spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    For future reference, hold the throttle open all the way while cranking it over, the TPS will not allow it to fire. That sequence allows for the remaining oil to be pumped into the crank area, allowing for more to be removed...
    Great tip..... did not know

+1
    Danny,

I did that the first time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrager View Post

This is without a doubt the finest ski I have ever purchased.
    woooohoooooo! That means a lot coming from a Yamaha guy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Man you aint kidding. I love (loved) my GPR, had one of the first ones built, busted my arse to get to 75 mph on stock motor. The GPR is lighter, tracks better, and is more nimble. However, as you said, the RXP carries so much corner speed it isnt even funny. You can be running full throttle and give the bars a good pull to either side and it will damn near suck your face off. The GPR just bogs down around the apex of the turn. My riding buddy has an RXP and this past summer I begged him to switch with me every time we rode. I'm an adrenaline junky and the sheer G's the RXP pulls in corners gets me all jacked up. I can't imagine what a Stage 3 RXP is like...and thats why the GPR is being sold and an RXP will be on my trailer come spring.
    I am with you. In tight stuff a stock ski is all anyone would need.

However, when it gets straight for a while, there is no hiding 10 miles per hour. My single pipe ran low 79s with a 1200 grate.

If you forget about top speed, to 70 a stock Rxp is an awesome ski. For comparison purposes Duke had a friend and his daughter come on a stock 06 Gpr. Duke ran 67.4 on his ski. My Rxp with a 1/2 a tank of fuel would have run 3 miles per hour faster than that at the spot Duke ran the Gpr.

With 3 miles per hour on top, and power from every where, along with the ride of a town car it makes it what it is. The best selling 2 seater muscle craft since it came out in 2004.

+1

Thumbs up

I concur Mark. I enjoy riding the wife's RXP way more than the gpr for all the same reasons you mentioned. I am building a conversion, and I'll be honest , its gonna be hard to tear apart a perfectly good running RXP

+1

Damn you MTRAGER.

+1

Wink

the wider bars on the 07 are nice.

The fun factor is much higher in comparison stock vs. Stock ski in my opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information