Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battery drainage???

i need help!! this hot girl at work has a 94-95 speedster i think. it has a merc engine she said, i dunno but her battery drains right away. she has put in a new one, cranked it over once then tried again. almost started and then the starts were weak. what could it be?

My guess would be a close to dead starter draining way too much current draw when starting...since it does it even on a brand new battery.

Question: Was the new battery charged...?

yeah, she has been to the store a number of times, to replace the battery. she even charged it. i think she might have changed the starter, could it be the sylinoids??

Automatic bilge pump

drains the battery automatically every time in my boat. Even when I turn off the main power dial, I can hear the bilge pump humming away. Posters here have suggested removing the inlune fuse to remove the auto feature and pump can be manually turned on with dash toggle switch ... something I'll have to look into next spring.

If shes got boobs or a throttle, I'm on it! badvinny's Avatar
    First you have to look for shorts, if you find any-remove them immediately! Get it all wet and check to see if everything still works, proper lubrication helps here. Rev her up slowly, and NEVER gun a cold motor! When finished a proper wipe down and inspection, check the rear pump cavity and grease all nipples. That ought to do it!

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by badvinny View Post
    First you have to look for shorts, if you find any-remove them immediately! Get it all wet and check to see if everything still works, proper lubrication helps here. Rev her up slowly, and NEVER gun a cold motor! When finished a proper wipe down and inspection, check the rear pump cavity and grease all nipples. That ought to do it!
    BADVINNY, what are you talking about....greasing, lubricating...that guy have an electrical problem which drains the battery...!!!He talks about a bilge pump being activated at all times, and you suggest greasing and lubricating...??? I do not follow you on that...???

My advice: That pump have a little clamp on the the bottom rear, this is actually the float that activate the pump in case of water....check it out, it must be broken or jammed in the pumping position....flip it with your fingers, once activated, it must deactivate by itself after few seconds when the float is back in position, if not this is at fault (bilge pump replacement).

yeah man i dunno what the hell he is talkin about, i felt like he was telling me how to winterize the boat..

Motivated slacker
    Badvinny now owes me a new monitor and a can of Dew. That was good. Absolutely no help, but good

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
    Badvinny now owes me a new monitor and a can of Dew. That was good. Absolutely no help, but good
    I agree, that was funny. I really like the part about removing any and all "shorts".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information