Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

rotax ecu riva stuck it to me

riva had a rotax racing ecu on e bay a couple of months ago ...i would be a little reserved about buying 1 used it was riva"and felt they wouldnt sell a damaged ecu ..they had very little info ....so i called them.... i deal w tony at the counter and he is great ...ask him if he knew anything about it he said he would check into it...a little while later the guy that runs the ebay stuff called me i found out they had 2 they had purchased them to reverse engineer to develop theres ..we went over what i had and and what i was trying to accomplish ..i purchased it for 950 direct from riva not e bay cost was the same as a riva ..but makes a little more power doesnt void the warrenty and saved 400 over somewhere else,,, or so i thought ... it showes up i put it in my stuff and start saving for the valve stuff ... went to install it today and it wouldnt communicate??? so i give riva a call got buddy also great ...he didnt know so he says he needed to ask calls me back and ask what is the date on the ecu ...??/??/06 well it is an 06 ecu i told them it was an 07 rxp... at the time i didnt know anything about ecu and different years not being compatible so i ask what we can do about it buddy says that it is an electrical part and i probabbly cant return it it isnt defective riva just sold me the wrong 1 4 my ski ..so i ask to speek to someone higher up that might have the power to handle it ok great ...the guy calls me and i explane the situation to him and he tells me that no one there said it would work on my ski and he knew this would happen it was listed on ebay as is ...great ...i didnt buy it off ebay i bought it from the store....and told them what i had ...i couldnt see a date i was on the phone ...bottom line is he told me it was as is and it was up to me to know if it would work 4 my application basically to stick it ....it was mine ... i called buddy back just to tell him what happened ..he was still great ...i just happen to have a car in my shop and the owner of the car knows the owners of riva personally ...so its not over 1000 to me is like 100,000 to them ..and to think i drive 2 hours to visit there store

anyway,,, now i have a rotax racing ecu for an 06 ski for sale.....and a vortech wheel ....unless i get somewhere going over the jerks head i''ll have his name tomarrow its at work ... question ????? now i have a stage 3 sc w intercooler 42# injectors and a stock ecu ????? can i still ride my ski???i know the rpm will b limited so not as much boost but will i have enough fuel ????

S3 SC+ external intercooler + 42 lb. injectors + stock ECU = good to go

to 8300 RPMs

you will be just fine. that is what im currently running right now. I think you need the #50 injectors once you run the RIVA ecu. Not sure about the Rotax ecu? Which would put you at basically a stage III

thanks,,,,i thought i would b ok but need to check i would hate to tink and blow up my ski.... i would have been really pissed if i couldnt ride my ski over the ecu

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicMS3 View Post
    S3 SC+ external intercooler + 42 lb. injectors + stock ECU = good to go

to 8300 RPMs
    You should still be at 8100 RPM with the stock ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    You should still be at 8100 RPM with the stock ECU.
    Yes this is where you want to pitch your prop to but I was saying that on an 07 the factory rev limiter is 8300

i have a 15 20 r now ???what is the rev limiter stock in other years ???the race ecu is only 8500 correct 200 rpm isnt that much more for all $$$ it cost w valve stuff ect

+1
    Breon, i spoke to Riva about your situation and there was just a big mis communication. Please call Mark Sheffield at Riva this morning. They have no problem taking that ECU back.

Riva does not want to stick anyone with a part that they cannot possibly use.

All is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Breon, i spoke to Riva about your situation and there was just a big mis communication. Please call Mark Sheffield at Riva this morning. They have no problem taking that ECU back.

Riva does not want to stick anyone with a part that they cannot possibly use.

All is good!
    The Man has spoken!!! see that !!!

breon, well you atleast owe Jerry about a dozen roses! ...PR...

or to go cut his lawn for about a month!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information