Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What a Moron

What a Moron

So....

I just went to my seadoo stealer to pick up the stuff to do the winterize and this is what I said to him:

"I need 4 quarts of XPS oil, filter, fogging lubricant, antifreeze, and stabilizer to winterize a RXT."

I thought it was a simple statement, not too complicated, here are the supplies you requested, have a nice day kinda thing.....

Nope. My IQ dropped 10 points from having to listen to this monkey who called himself a mechanic. His first statement almost made me walk right outta there except for the fact that I needed these things and they are the only dealer in the area:

"You ever winterize one??? Because from your list, I don't think you have..."

Insert blank expression off of my face right about here

"Well, for starters, you don't need antifreeze because the intercooler is insulated and won't let anything freeze..."

Continue the blank stare but add the subtle "are you a moron" grin towards the end

"...and secondly what do you need fogger for???? Unless you are going to have it sit for a couple of years your cylinders are going to be fine..."

Now insert the I am done talking to you, let's get someone else out here look

"..........uhhhhhh, could you just get me the stuff I asked for???"

"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you."

Now add in the you must have eaten paint chips as a kid look on top of the are you a moron and the let's get someone else out here look.

But the problem with me is I have no tolerance for stupidity, and I tend to run my mouth when I am sure that I am right. As a few of you know, I am just starting to learn about 4tecs and I have read all the threads on winterizing them, no where in them have I seen anything to validate these statements not to mention the manual completely contradicts this idiot. So there I am, middle of the store trying not to laugh and wonder if there is any validation to these statements and I shit you not these were the next words out the guys mouth and I started towards the door once again...

"And don't tell me you fell for that changing the washers in the SC to metal ones... are ya??? You know it's the oldest scam in the book for these aftermarket companies to rope you into another couple hundred bucks for their garbage products..."

Insert curious face here, because I now have switched to I wanna see how much more I, the newbie knew over this guy. All he would say is he has seen "dozens" of these SC'ers fail this past summer and all they need is new washers.

Am I getting punked???

Ashton!!! Come on out... you got me!!!

I am so glad that I bought my ski off a smart forum member that took care of his ski vs this clown.

But I actually have a question that I now need answered because I didn't know and I wasn't going to take this clown's advice...

What type of fuel stabilizer are you guys using... brand?? Type??? Where to get it for cheap cheap??

He didn't have any on his shelves and I think most would agree it would probably end in travesty if I asked this Einstein...

And as a disclaimer if the statements this guy made were true, someone please tell me so I can return all this stuff and save some money... but I find it hard to believe....

J
    Last edited by jaycee; 10-31-2007 at 10:58 AM.

you sure you were at a seadoo dealer and not Wal Mart.

Too damn funny

jaycee, I could swap lots of stories with you , over the last 2 years I have plenty!
    I think the Brand name is "Restore" fuel stabilizer, found at walmart, local auto parts stores, any Marine store place...have fun!...PR...

Bruins... You aren't kiddin, except Wal Mart probably would have given better advice.

Andy... thanks. I am gonna have to go get that so I will check it out.

I think this is the best story I've heard in awhile. I don't understand why he would even open his mouth. I guess he wants to make less of a sale? If a guy comes in and asks me for that stuff I would try recommending a couple other things or ask him if he would like us to save him the time and trouble by allowing the dealership to do it. What an idiot.

Good laugh though!

I get this shit more often than you guys because I'm only 19. I usually get one of those ok whatever kid kinda looks from the dealer.

I am so freakin happy that my dealer is up to date on the happenings.

The service manager is EXCELLENT. They have done a ton of SC repairs and always replaced the ceramics with Riva. They stock the metal washers in the inventory.

There is another dealer minutes from my house, not sure they know how to spell SEA DOO

+1
    I have a local dealer who STILL tries to tell me I have to use synthetic oil. Every time I say, "just give me the non-synthetic" and he says "Ok, it's your motor. Blow it up if you want to."

+1
    Next time you are in there refer to your sea doo rxt as a waverunner.

Tell them you need some oil for your rxt waverunner.

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    I use Stab-Bil in my gas and so far (fingers crossed) no fuel problems in the spring....

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    jaycee, I could swap lots of stories with you , over the last 2 years I have plenty!
    I think the Brand name is "Restore" fuel stabilizer, found at walmart, local auto parts stores, any Marine store place...have fun!...PR...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged03 View Post
    I use Stab-Bil in my gas and so far (fingers crossed) no fuel problems in the spring....
    That`s it, that`s it!!! Sta-bil...

I just went to the garage and looked...PR...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information