Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Much??

How Much??

If yall dont mind me asking...How much did ya'll pay for your triple bearing mods??? I already have the stainless ring... I was just wondering and I emaild Skat and they ahvent got back to me in about 4 days now....Kinda worried if I ship it out now, that I wont get it back before the middle part of May....

glen isnt the greatest at replying to emails. the triple bearing mod is 378 and that includes a billet tailcone. i had mine in my hands two weeks after i sent it, which i thought was pretty quick. just send it out and include a letter with what you want done, how you want it sent back and with your credit card info or however your going to pay. your best bet is to give him a call to find out how long it would take to get it back to you.

Re: How Much??

Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    If yall dont mind me asking...How much did ya'll pay for your triple bearing mods??? I already have the stainless ring... I was just wondering and I emaild Skat and they ahvent got back to me in about 4 days now....Kinda worried if I ship it out now, that I wont get it back before the middle part of May....
    AJ,

You need to call and talk to Glenn or Greg in person @ 1-800-969-7528. They are in Cali so you might still be able to catch them.

Missed em by 3 minutes! damn....

All I want is the actaul mod nothing special...I all ready have the SS wearring, and I dont need the billet nose cone....pretty much I want the cheapest package possible on the mod....I just want some stability back there so I dont have to worry about my nice new impeller bouncing off of the SS wear ring.

All I want is the actaul mod nothing special...I all ready have the SS wearring, and I dont need the billet nose cone....pretty much I want the cheapest package possible on the mod....I just want some stability back there so I dont have to worry about my nice new impeller bouncing off of the SS wear ring.
    Hate when you miss em by a few minutes!!! You should be hooked up for under $400 then since you know what you want.

Hopefully a little less then that!

............ and I dont need the billet nose cone....
    You just might.......

With the triple bearing mod, you now use gear OIL instead of grease. The billet cone has a small alen bolt in it so you can easily drain the lube.

I suppose you could get away without having it, you just would need to be more careful taking to cone off.

There could be something else that I am missing that might require you to use the billet cone. I am sure someone will chime in if I am wrong...

Do you have to drain it when you want to change the prop ?
    If you do and there is one hole how do you drain it then put it on and add the oil. Seems it would need 2 holes. Unless you siphon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Do you have to drain it when you want to change the prop ?
    If you do and there is one hole how do you drain it then put it on and add the oil. Seems it would need 2 holes. Unless you siphon it.
    I assume you would need to drain it. The cone is full of oil and needs to come off to pull the prop nut.

Could you not point the hole down to drain, and then point the hole up to fill (With pump off of course)??

+1
    Just like the old pumps. You have to pull the pump cone and the oil just comes out, you then change your prop and the reinstall the cone and fill with oil. It can be messy. I like the stock grease. IMO, but I have changed allot of the other pumps..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information