Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rookie needs help

Hello Everybody, Long time lurker here, been reading/studying/learning for a long time now. This site is about 80% of all the surfing I do on the net. Great info, advice and the people on here rock!!!

My question mark key is broken, so please disregard my lack of question marks. LOL.

I have an 07 rxt that my wife surprised me with for fathers day. My ski is completely stock aside from filling the ride plate holes and getting the gtx glove box/Garmin GPSMAP 76 combo. I currently have 33 hours on it and am getting the urge to go FASTER!!! LOL.

I would like to request some feedback and advice about the condition of my ski and the route I am choosing to go. I live in Southern Ca and ride mostly in the lake behind my house (Lake Perris) and pretty much all of the other lakes around me with a group of friends. Today my ski turned 7850 rpms with a top speed of 64.4 mph (GPS) on a half a tank of gas. I weigh 190 lbs, water temp was 69 degrees and the air temp was 83.

Does this sound right...I know it redlines at 8100. I still get a grin everytime I push my thumb in, but I was wondering if I am missing out on some speed with the abscence of the RRRRs.

Of all the upgrades available for OUR skis, I think the route I am going with is sending my supercharger to Jerry to get the metal washers and the green wheel put in. I've been contemplating this for a while as the warranty doesn't expire until 2012, but have decided to move forward. I will be creating my own 4" intake via the great DIY's on this site and maybe change the impeller and add 42lb. injectors and intercooler later down the road.

I want to verify, that I can run the green wheel with the stock ECU. My understanding is that I will accelerate harder and possibly gain 1 mph on the top end with this set up. Don't really need more top end as my buddies can't keep up as it is, :; and it is more fun running with them then being solo.

Can I run an aftermarker intercooler, green charger and 42lb injectors on a stock ecu.

I'd like to prep for the inevitable rxt-x/ultra 250 meeting. With the 4" intake and green wheel...how do you all feel I would fare against them.

Thanks again for the great site, the amount of knowledgable people on here is great and the atmosphere is even better. I hope to be able to contribute positive feedback soon, but for the time being, I'll keep learning.

+1
    Welcome Pare!

check your oil level & make sure the level is between the 2 bends. Too much oil can reduce your RPMS. I believe u can run the stock ECU with the setup u described.
    From what I read, the RXT-X hits hard off the line.. I'm thinking a stg 3 SC will put you close.
    Again welcome to the board!

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    To answer your questions:

Yes on Green wheel, external IC and 42lbs injectors with stock ECU. With the above mods, you will be just slightly faster than an Ultra 250. With the homemade intake, you will have no problem with the 250's. I swap between riding the wife's 250 and my RXT just to make sure that the RXT has the advantage all around. Make sure you go 4" on the intake and you will have no problems. Oh, and make sure you put some skegs on the RXT so that the 250 doesn't sneak by you in the chop. The skegs are the great equalizer....

Thanks for the welcome and the advice.

sourpower RXT - The oil is right in between the two bends. I was wondering if 7850 rpms was normal for a stock RXT? Should I be hitting 8100? I noticed that you run a the stage 1. Have you ever made a back to back comparison with the grate on and off when stock and again with your current mods. If so, did you notice your ride was faster or slower and in what conditions? Faster in the chop, but slower in glass? Or faster period? I'm reading conflicting information and would like first hand knowledge.

WOT - looks like you have done the mods I am looking to do. I appreciate your feedback. Looks like I have to add skegs to my to do list. With your current mods on the RXT, do you have a preference on which ski you'd rather ride in certain conditions? Nice to have both!!!

The Riva grate will slow you down a little bit on glass (haven't done back-to-back), but I prefer how it hooks up in chop. IMHO, get the wedge and the grate because you'll like the handling and acceleration improvements for all-around riding. On my GTX, the combo was a wash speed-wise but it gets out of the hole quicker. I'll take that tradeoff anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    sourpower RXT - The oil is right in between the two bends. I was wondering if 7850 rpms was normal for a stock RXT?
    Welcome...the rpm's sound right for a non-modified ski. That's what I was running anyway. My best bang which got me to 8160 rpms with a 14/19 +2.5mm was S3 wheel, XS intercooler and gutted water box.

+1
    Member "JPSKI" just got the greenwheel in last week and I "band-aided" the bellows on his carbon ring today and he goes 71.4 as of 2 hours ago. I will tell him about this thread so he can finally make a post instead of lurking................

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post

WOT - looks like you have done the mods I am looking to do. I appreciate your feedback. Looks like I have to add skegs to my to do list. With your current mods on the RXT, do you have a preference on which ski you'd rather ride in certain conditions? Nice to have both!!!
    The Ultra is better in the super rough stuff -- especially now that it has a pump wedge. It just rides better and stays hooked better. Plus, when it does come unhooked, I don't have to worry about the wear and tear on the SC clutch; its SC is belt driven. It's probably easier to ride too.

On light chop to smooth water, I prefer the RXT. Now that it is modded, It is a little faster than the Ultra, has the same acceleration, and just feels more sporty. I don't know why -- it must be a touchy-feely thing. Anyway, I plan on continuing to mod the RXT through the winter. I don't want a new RXT-X coming around me next season.....
    Last edited by WOT; 11-02-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: subject verb agreement and dangling participle

+1
    Welcome to the forum, glad you finally joined in

If you need anything or have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Thats what we're here for.

+1
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What Greenie said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information