Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 146mm pump

  1. #1
    Water Bum Rodneyae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    Posts
    3,083
    93 and before impeller for $2 starting bid...


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...170839709&rd=1


  2. #2
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Posts
    6,381
    +1
    23

    This Is A Brand New Skat-trak Performance Impeller For Polaris 650/750 Years 92-93 14

    .77 cents,4 days left,146 mm prop

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275

    Arrow SKAT-TRAK PERFORMANCE IMPELLER FOR POLARIS 650/750 YEARS 92-93 146mm slim line

    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    .77 cents,4 days left,146 mm prop
    THIS IS A BRAND NEW SKAT-TRAK PERFORMANCE IMPELLER FOR POLARIS 650/750 YEARS 92-93 146 slim line

    What is the slim line referring to?

    I though the pitch on the '93 750 was different than the 650, and I think the 650 OEM props were different between '92 and '93... Have to go re-read that thread...

    $35 shipping to Canada - hmmm.

  4. #4
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What is the slim line referring to?
    It refers to the hub size from top to bottom. Most Polaris impellers either are a fat hub or a slim line hub.

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    It refers to the hub size from top to bottom. Most Polaris impellers either are a fat hub or a slim line hub.
    Um, top to bottom measured which way?

    For '92 - '93 (146mm pumps), are there two types?

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275

    Confusing Polaris '92 and '93 impeller choices, OEM and aftermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    .77 cents, 4 days left, 146 mm prop
    Man, I find these '92 and '93 early Polaris 146mm impellers to be confusing.
    The pitch numbers seem to vary widely from year to year, for the same motors, 4 blade vs. 3 blade, OEM vs. aftermarket.

    Two 146mm Skat-Traks on eBay at the moment;
    Skat Trak Impeller Polaris SL650 SL750 SL 650 750 92 93
    (picture shows three blades)
    "BRAND NEW SKAT-TRAK PERFORMANCE IMPELLER FOR POLARIS 650/750 YEARS 92-93 146 slim line."

    POLARIS SKAT-TRAK IMPELLER (NEW) 92'-93' SL650/750

    "BRAND NEW SKAT-TRAK PERFORMANCE IMPELLER FOR YEARS 92'-93' SL650/ 750 WITH 146mm PUMP. THIS A 4-BLADE 13/21 DEGREE PITCH IMPELLER"

    The OEM info I have for those years shows the SL650 OEM was 14.5 in '92, 15/18 in '93. The '93 SL750 OEM was 17/20. All had three blades.

    A 13/21 pitch seems like a hard prop to turn, especially for a 650. Have I got this right, that the 13/21 would be a poor prop for a stock 650?


    And that 77 cent prop, I have no idea what the pitch might be.


  7. #7
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Man, I find these '92 and '93 early Polaris 146mm impellers to be confusing.
    The pitch numbers seem to vary widely from year to year, for the same motors, 4 blade vs. 3 blade, OEM vs. aftermarket.

    Two 146mm Skat-Traks on eBay at the moment;
    Skat Trak Impeller Polaris SL650 SL750 SL 650 750 92 93 (picture shows three blades)
    "BRAND NEW SKAT-TRAK PERFORMANCE IMPELLER FOR POLARIS 650/750 YEARS 92-93 146 slim line."

    POLARIS SKAT-TRAK IMPELLER (NEW) 92'-93' SL650/750
    "BRAND NEW SKAT-TRAK PERFORMANCE IMPELLER FOR YEARS 92'-93' SL650/ 750 WITH 146mm PUMP. THIS A 4-BLADE 13/21 DEGREE PITCH IMPELLER"

    The OEM info I have for those years shows the SL650 OEM was 14.5 in '92, 15/18 in '93. The '93 SL750 OEM was 17/20. All had three blades.

    A 13/21 pitch seems like a hard prop to turn, especially for a 650. Have I got this right, that the 13/21 would be a poor prop for a stock 650?


    And that 77 cent prop, I have no idea what the pitch might be.
    Get rid of the old 146mm pump and install a 148mm one, long or short. It will boost performance alone. Then impeller choices are more abundant. It will bolt right up with no mods required. Just a one time pump alignment.

  8. #8
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Um, top to bottom measured which way?
    The diameter of the hub. A slim line hub stays at a smaller hub diameter for a longer distance down the height of the hub where a fat hub gets big pretty quickly. Here's a pic of each...obviously you can see the difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	281y8i9.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	42071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1193_1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	42072  

  9. #9
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    The diameter of the hub.
    A slim line hub stays at a smaller hub diameter for a longer distance down the height of the hub where a fat hub gets big pretty quickly.
    Here's a pic of each...obviously you can see the difference.
    OK, now I can see the difference, along the driveshaft tapered end.
    Are the stator diameters (inside and outside diameters at the stator end) the same for both prop designs?

    Which design, slim or fat, is the preferred type, for these older, lower powered motors?

  10. #10
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    It is a better/bigger pump than the 92-93. Plus the parts replacement/interchangability is nice on the newer. You can prob score a short pump for almost the same $$ as an aftermarket impeller off Ebay. ($50 plus shipping I'd guess about now)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP Bilge Pump install
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 10:04 AM
  2. How do you rebuild a 1992 SL650 146mm jet pump?
    By triplekoin in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 03:37 PM
  3. PUMP MOD
    By peteshauling in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 10:08 AM
  4. New Magnum pumps from Skat Trak
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 08:56 PM
  5. PUMP WEDGE
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •