Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

wondered when it would happen!

The density altitude was 680ft, 69deg air and 73 water temp, not real good but the best I have had on the water w/ the rude and all the goodies one should have 80.4 surging and on the limiter hard, would go between 8420-8600 and everywhere inbetween. 1/8th tank of gas but my 240# ass on it, stupidman style. Yea, everybody goin' faster than me w/ same mods but the air here sucks. Only seeing 12 psi and I have seen it closer to 13-1/2 before. Have not checked slip moment yet (over 50hrs on washers) and I run a damn BOV. For those running 80+, how much total pitch would u say was added to the 15/20r (if that's what u are using) I just re-pitched mine and it was already at least 3-4mm. It has less accel than the 15/19r, but everyone who has ridden my ski (like a yammi guy last night riding w/ myself and JPSKI) just can't believe the pull of this ski, and I was on that wide-ass slow 73mph 1300r......but the "top of the water feel" was kinda different for me I have already re-pitched and will be looking for lost boost and better density altitude!

+1
    9 sec,

I am running the 15/20 +2mm with the 80mm ring for 8500-8550 RPM.

+1
    i am running the 81mm ring at the moment with an untouched 15/20R
    8580/8600 and mines too close u can feel it tap rev limiter if u HOLD HOLD IT but the last time out it still went 81.9 and was my best ever! i need the 80MM ring and have a modded exhuast water box to add as well with the 80mm ring installation and shouldnt need to pitch at all i just havent gotten the ring yet! best order it NOW and stop blabbing about it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    The density altitude was 680ft, 69deg air and 73 water temp, not real good but the best I have had on the water w/ the rude and all the goodies one should have 80.4 surging and on the limiter hard, would go between 8420-8600 and everywhere inbetween. 1/8th tank of gas but my 240# ass on it, stupidman style. Yea, everybody goin' faster than me w/ same mods but the air here sucks. Only seeing 12 psi and I have seen it closer to 13-1/2 before. Have not checked slip moment yet (over 50hrs on washers) and I run a damn BOV. For those running 80+, how much total pitch would u say was added to the 15/20r (if that's what u are using) I just re-pitched mine and it was already at least 3-4mm. It has less accel than the 15/19r, but everyone who has ridden my ski (like a yammi guy last night riding w/ myself and JPSKI) just can't believe the pull of this ski, and I was on that wide-ass slow 73mph 1300r......but the "top of the water feel" was kinda different for me I have already re-pitched and will be looking for lost boost and better density altitude!
    im out in the garage today trying to bend Doobies 15/19 Stage 3 Rotax set up off the rev limiter im currently at 48.65MM trailing edge blade tip down to next blade! i marked them all properly and thats where i am at and getting ready to go test! it was 46.65 yesterday and on the limiter bad so i hope this does it! 9 where is yours measuring out at currently Bro? thanks

+1
    9sec come to Morgan Shitty and let me shim that supercharger. I'll even let you take a ride on my turbo rxpeeee

+1
    Well Jerry, have you had time to get that turbo machine on the water yet ?

+1
    Running the 81 mm ring (smallest I got) and now have at least 4mm added to the thing, air not as good right now but that may change by 6pm tonight as it did last night. I 1st learned to pitch on the 15/19r, and that thing is touchy...I mean 1mm is a mile, made a big diff.....not so on the 15/20r solas. I also adjusted the BOV... I gotta get back to real work but I will be back on it tonight. Also noticed the bearing lube at the bearing is now black (whats in the cone looks new). I got another 15/20r that I sucked up some floating rocks with maybe impros can do me up +4 mm or so. I also noticed the edges don't look too good on the prop I am using, has strange "texture" to the very edges....I run a stainless wear ring and this may be normal, I don't know. I launch at my home, and ride 15-20 miles too where we hang out and the throttle is pinned coming and going, so at 80hrs I don't know how much that pump bearing has in it. No play, but no resistance at all either. I have a 40hr pump w/ 15/19 and feels much tighter Even when not at wot, we are throttle-mongers where we ride the narrow, winding, hair-pin turning channels of the bayou flying uder branches that are low enough to remove your head if not careful but it's a cheap rush for me compared to my normal stunts. Maybe the Green Man can come ride w/ us sickos and bring me a 15/20r w/ the "greenhulk" pitch!

+1
    Dave, the turbo is now water ready and i'm taking it out tomorrow to hopefully get the mapping and impeller pitch dialed in. It will be a long day but i'll get er done!

Wanna fly down and ride it?

+1
    my ski runs 80.8 with stock nozzle and a untouched Solas 15/20r @ 8500.

+1
    Jerry when you have time lets see some pics of that beast now. And as you know, 1 ride would send me right back into that damn store of yours...again

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information