Price of a BOV for the ultra 250

i called my dealer today to see what the price of a new BOV was...312.00 buckaroos..i was like wtf..just thought i share this info..

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScooter View Post
    i called my dealer today to see what the price of a new BOV was...312.00 buckaroos..i was like wtf..just thought i share this info..
    Why did you do that? (call for pricing)

well i blocked it off awhile back..no problems since..however i was curious and took it apart...long screw and slide to clean out the excess grease to prevent it from popping..to give it some extra friction so to speak..well i lost the damn pieces..i put them in a super "SAFE" spot now i have forgotten where the F%^* i put them..needless to say i'm pissed..lol

+1
    well i blocked it off awhile back..no problems since..however i was curious and took it apart...long screw and slide to clean out the excess grease to prevent it from popping..to give it some extra friction so to speak..well i lost the damn pieces..i put them in a super "SAFE" spot now i have forgotten where the F%^* i put them..needless to say i'm pissed..lol
    Babbitt's online has them for $256.00
    I'll tell ya what...... I have a slightly used one I will sell for 250.00

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Babbitt's online has them for $256.00
    I'll tell ya what...... I have a slightly used one I will sell for 250.00
    Aww bummer- lesson learned right?

Babbitts is killer, so is cycle parts. You might ask your dealer to quit trying to poke their thingy in you too.

lol..yeah by now at my age you'd think i'd know better..but NOOO...thanks beagle for the offer..that's still alittle high..just alittle..lol..looks like it will be blocked off for awhile..

Waterscooter are you having a problem with the block off? I have been trying to decide if I wanted to block mine or not. Could you tell any difference with the block off?

no problems at all..when i blocked it off i picked up about 300 rpms..fastest i was at was 7500 7600rpms..blocked it off consistant 7800 7950 rpms..felt like a new ski..mid range punch felt good too..i even did skips BOV mod and the thing was still leaking...i noticed it was only leaking after some time of riding..as if the BOV spring was getting hot and weak which would cause it to leak..just my 2cents

however if i need to go to the dealer ..i'm SOL..

Youll probably only find it now if you buy a new one! Isnt there a reed in the BOV thats prone to wear? I assumed that w/o the block off the whole BOV had to be occslly replaced because of the weak reed.

there's no reed in the BOV..only a spring, long screw, slider and the actual screw that sets the tension on the spring..man i'm so PO..lol

Thread Information