The difference of best selling and top sales?

The VX cruiser was named best selling watercraft for 2007. The VX deluxe was the best selling for 2006. The VX deluxe was the top seller for 2005.

Does best selling mean most popular and top sales means highest number of units sold?

I'm confused....and who verifies these numbers? Yamaha or the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    The VX cruiser was named best selling watercraft for 2007. The VX deluxe was the best selling for 2006. The VX deluxe was the top seller for 2005.

Does best selling mean most popular and top sales means highest number of units sold?

I'm confused....and who verifies these numbers? Yamaha or the industry.
    I have read these stats in the magazines and seen them on the yami sites. alot of this comes from rental purchases...PR...

I have'nt seen to many rental places buying VX cruisers for thier fleet, mostly the VX sport. Maybe it's different in other areas of the world.

I have'nt seen to many rental places buying VX cruisers for thier fleet, mostly the VX sport. Maybe it's different in other areas of the world.
    true, I was just speaking in general. there are 2 dominating ski`s here at the rental places, either they are GTI`s or VX`s. it`s pretty funny bc there are alot of them and all the same color, when you see the people/renters out on them in big groups it looks like an army ...PR...

Yeah.. I know what you mean, especially when they are all riding in a big huge circle. How boring is that?

Yeah.. I know what you mean, especially when they are all riding in a big huge circle. How boring is that?
    we could trade stories for hours? I can`t even begin to tell you how many rentals I saw aground this season alone, ya really gotta know barnegat/manahawkin bay, I don`t even like riding thru there in high tide...PR...

I have to stand up for Yamaha for just a sec hear.Take a look at the 95-96 Raider.First year out the engine was bullit proof,the guy's in the old school section will tell you its one of the most reliable engines ever.Next up is the Gpr.There's many of the first year(2000) ski's still out there,I have a basically stock engined one that has run 72 and only had the head off to be milled(The only engine mod)and still runs better than new.Yamaha still uses this same old great hull design on the new(lighter versions)Gpr not to mention its popularity for the conversion ski's.I said all that to say this,I would not be the slightist bit concerned about buying the new 1.8 Sho first year out!It will have handling close to a two seater(light wieght and nimble)yet retain great rough water capabilities you need for your location.The fuel milage can be control to a degree with your riding style.If I were to by a new ski,that would be my choice,and from reading this thread and your needs I have to say it would be a great ski for you.A Gold Wing on water with a supercharger.I predict the new Yamaha SHO will dominate the field again,just as the Raider did,and just as the Gpr still does.Thats my 2-cents,hope this helps!

Sorry guy's Thought I was posting this on the 2 stroke or 4 stroke thread,but I guess it will still apply ,in the future.Can one of the moderators please move this to the 2-4 stroke thread?
    Last edited by H204YOU; 11-03-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

+1
    Yamaha has had the best selling single model with the vx line as stated in the first post. The RXP was the best selling in 04.
    Sea-Doo still sells the highest number of units but Yamaha is catching up.
    These stats come from the boating industry, not any one manufacturer.

Thread Information