Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

s3 charger i like it

i had/ have a hodge podge stage 2 2007 rxp...one of the last stage 2 parts i installed was the vortech wheel from riva... i hate to say it but ,i wasnt real impressed ..it would only turn the recomended stage 2 prop a 15 /20 r about 75 7600 rpm it was marginally better out of the hole... but, didnt have the top end i expected,, i checked 4 boost leaks supercharger slippage ect... so,,, my recomendation ...if you can only afford a wheel... go green...i just installed the s3 riva charger.. .. probably the best bang 4 the buck so far ....i do have the valve stuff installed because... i thought i had an ecu ..but that didnt work out ..so still running the stock ecu ... added the 42 # injectors to go with the new s3 charger ...as for the rest of the ski it has ... metal clutch washers,,aftermarket intercooler,, w greddy bov,,riva through hull exhaust .. a 3 inche riva hot air intake.,, riva intake grate ,,my own,,, pro block offs ..and sponsons,,, ride palte holes filled,, fresh air intake,, water box mod,, flaired j pipe.. trimed reverse gate ,,riva finger throttle,,, so ,i have been busy ...i have only owned a ski since july ...so movin as fast as my wallet will alow ...i want the rude and the ecu but bills prevail ... anyway took it out today ...the water was crap w the hurricain just passing in fla.. 2 to 3 ft chop.. and real windy ..so,, i was out of the water as much as in ...but,, there was a significant improvment..... say that again significant improvement in acceleration ..most of the things we say are improvements are slight ..in comparrison.... i found a spot where it was basically flat on the down wind side of and island ..got in it and saw 8100 rpm.. so perfect so in bad conditions i saw about 500 rpm thats about 5 mph ... it may be better in perfect conditions ..ill try again tomarrow.. but so far i would say the riva s 3 charger is a great value for those who just cant get to the rude... now i need a gps

thats awesome bro. i told you, you were gonna like that S3. like you mention, best bang for buck so far.

You mentioned you have a RIVA 3'' intake but then you mentioned you also had a fresh air intake ? Ive been thinking about flaring the J pipe aswell. Where did you get yours done ?

any muffler shop can flair it 4 u... takes them 2 min.. they will b neviouse because it is stainless they will worry about splitting it just go about 1/4 inch bigger as deep as there flair will g ousually about 2 1/2 to 3 inchesit is fine
    Last edited by breon; 11-03-2007 at 07:40 PM.

fresh air
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski and rr mustang 17 018.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	735.6 KB 
ID:	43815  

took her out again today... water was better but not much ....on the south side of the causeway it was somewhat flat ..so i let it rip.... seemed to peak ...when it was hooked up at about 8120 so everthing seems about right for now .. and wow what a difference over just the wheel ...i cant say enough times.... best money spent so far my helper from my shop also came out today and he has ridden it stock and with the wheel and he said the samething wow ...we will see what happens when i can get some glass ....i was spinning doughnuts and hoping it out of the water and got a po 544 again exhaust temp sensor ..only got it once but it was spending quite a bit of time on the rev limiter.. while i was messing around it never did it on any of the top speed runs i know some people remove that sensor and fix it to the coolant bottle we will see ...but, so far ... love it

What exactly is the s3 supercharger. Link?

referring to the riva s3 charger wheel and housing sold here at jerrys store for 799...need 42 pound injectors to go with for another 200 but worth every jet ski penny

Thanks. I think I'll go that way as I already have gerrys washers and bearings

it wa s well worth the $over just a wheel rude is better yet but for the money its the way to go

I ride in the 1000 islands and have to be able to run on marina gas. I'm not sure I could use the extra boost of the rude. What would be difference in psi?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information