Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Race boat collectors

Does anyone on here know soemone who collects the old race boats from the Mod days?? Carbon Fiber hulls and prototype motors...from Team kawasaki, yamaha or Sea doo?

show us yours

The last I heard the True Carbon Boats were cut up. From what Ive seen they made the hulls so thin that they were junk after a season of pounding on them.

I asked why they didnt sell them and was told the hulls are made by Kawi and they are unsafe to sell. If a used one did come apart at high speed it would be Kawi that would be liable.

Probably a BS answer but it was enough to get me to stop asking. I know alot of motors were sold to Support Riders.

I saw King D old STXR that he won the Kings Cup on. He sold it to a racing team here in Fl.

here is a thread where a member has one.........

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=carbon

+1
    CF boats are STILL on the courses. Of course if you look around (even on this site) you will find old Westcoast GSX hulls and a CF gpr or two. There was a guy (pro-racer and his dad) that sold all his STXR CF hulls WITH MOLDS on ebay a couple of years ago for a pretty penny. These were being raced in SS class, not mod. Watching the IJSBA techs tap dance about them never racing was pretty sad. I'm sure they are still on the race course. Good luck figuring it out.

Old race boats

Any info ....ion who bought or sold the molds?

+1
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...bon+fiber+stxr

OK, this is great. I'm laughing my "A" off at the skuttlebutt on the bulletin boards, etc. I never saw so much "mis-information", mis-understandings, and outright jealousy in a lot of years.... let me help you guys a little with some facts:

1. We did not sell Steve Gold a "carbon" boat......period. Someone has dumped a little libel on poor Steve.....go get em' Steve.

2. "Someone" here said he doubted there are a bunch of Mod boats sitting in garages rotting away? I agree. No not in garages, they are being raced all the time including many at WF. I know it and so do many others for a fact. You are only kidding the poor guys out of the "loop", you all in the loop know who you are.... Let's cut the "bs".

3. By offering this boat "as is", we put ourselves "above" some others (the hypocrits) who continue to deny they race mods and count on the unwillingness of IJSBA Tech to really enforce their so-called rules.

4. Look, we are just trying to sell a great deal honestly and have nothing to hide. And for you guys in Florida and California that are calling me wanting us to build you a hull, sorry...no can do. I am not in that business. When you get this boat you get the finest mold ever built by Bullett with it.

5. As for Bullett, I have lunch with Tim and Danny three times a week and have great fun. Love those guys. Sorry, no divorce. (and yes we share a common hobby, the greatest software in the world iMovie, iTunes, iDVD, iPhoto and Garage Band....none of which is available on any PC except the Apple Macintosh.......)

There is no IJSBA over racing anymore, but if they were, and if they ran future WF's like they did in the past, you could race this boat in any class you want and still be the star at the awards ceremony, I would bet my kids on that one. When's the last time you ever saw anyone DQ'd at WF for weight or Carbon?

By the way, some reagions run "Mod" class for which this boat was legally built if that's your bag. But if you want to compete with the "you know who's) you need to run what "they" run, get it?

I hope this clears some things right up. We love the sport, not all the people in it. The sport rises above the hypocrits, or even whose in "charge" at any given time. Hope one of you buys this boat and kick some "A" with it. And feel safe in tech, cause those #2 and #3 guys in there with you... are probably sponsoring the event.....

If you are in the Auction, good luck.

Joel Williams

What! Are you OK.

That is from like 04.

Aftermarket hulls are legal in the Expert Open and Pro.Am Open. Still have the wieght issue to get around but most of us know how it works.

+1
    yup, but it WASN'T legal then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information