Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Horsepower and Speed Seadoo Vs. Yamaha

I think that the t series Seadoo RXP will be faster than the 1.8L Yamaha SHO. Although I Hope, Im not sure about the the RXT. What is the horsepower rating on the Yamaha? or Top End? And they say "fastest 0-30 mph speed" but is that in competition with the t-series Seadoo? Thanks...

Banned User
    first of all, dont you mean "x" version or am i high?

jk...but seriously i think u mean "x"

yes im sorry, a little oversight, yes i intened to mean the RXT-X and RXP-X thanks for the correction....

Is it just me or does Yamaha NOWHERE list the actual horsepower output of that engine? It's like they don't want people to know. I almost can't blame them, though. Please these days look at horsepower and assume that's all the matters to speed. They don't realize that even with say, 50 less HP, the Yami could be faster with its more advanced hull and less weight.

That being said, I'd like to know!

Thats true. Also, Yamaha does not list the horsepower rating for the SHO.

Banned User

Unhappy

what if they wernt listing it cuz it surpassed the "x" skis and they wanted to surprise people????

wouldnt that be something

Yea thats a good point. Idk. Hope Not. I talked to someone and they said it might be 270 hp...not sure though.
    Although as a Seadoo owner I am biased towards what I own, I still think the RXP AND the RXT X series are nicer looking than the SHO, even though Seadoo has not changed its design by much.

with 1.8 L's and a displacement of 1812 cc's.... I gotta imagine that there is going to be a quick boat.

To me I have argued time and time again against the yam guys that it doesn't matter if you have faster acceleration than a ZO6 or a weight that is close to 300 lbs lighter than most stock skis.... reliability is what matters.

You are looking at two different skis that are complete opposites in the matters of reliabilty potentials. In no way am I saying that the SHO is going to be a piece of garbage, but it is there first attempt at a 4 stroke and stuff is going to need to be tweaked. The x is just an anniversary edition with a ext I/c(which has been beyond tested and proven to be a major improvment) and SC tweaks. The x series should be a solid boat with a lot of power. The SHO may be a failed attempt at a fast boat. We will just need to wait and see....

If I had to guess... 280??? 290 HP???

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    but it is there first attempt at a 4 stroke and stuff is going to need to be tweaked. The x is just an anniversary edition with a ext I/c(which has been beyond tested and proven to be a major improvment) and SC tweaks. The x series should be a solid boat with a lot of power. The SHO may be a failed attempt at a fast boat. We will just need to wait and see....
    This is far from being Yamis first attempt at a 4-stroke. Nor is it the first attempt at a 4-stroke in one of their skis. I really dont think this is going to be a failed attempt. If the speed numbers Jerry and some others reported are true. Its going pretty goddam fast for its weight. Power numbers were only spoken to be around 220-ish. At a dealer meeting the Yami rep said "the power is just north of 210." Either way, Yamaha is always pretty tight lipped about their power numbers on anything they make. With Riva on their side, this ski is going to do nothing but get really interesting.

Banned User
    you can tell who has or who is getting what based on their posts alot of the time....im pretty nuetral but lean toward Seadoo and guess what im getting. a seadoo rxp-x....then jtskier11 was saying that the yamaha was going to be reliable and jaycee said it was their first attempt and it could be a failure...

i would like to here from somebody that has experience with both companies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information