Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I think too much!

hey guys im picking up my new 07 gp sometime this week whenever my check clears, and i just have a couple of questions. I have a choice between two gps one is in a warehouse out of the crate, it was in the showroom and has marks on the bottom of the hull from sittin on a dolly( so i would like to get the second one that has no marks). There is another one still in the crate and sitting outside my only concern about that one is if it is sitting out there with no fogging oil in the motor will it start to rust? Does Yamaha pre lube these when assembling to prevent this? I just want to get off on the right foot here, id really like some input on this from you guys thanks.

+1
    Welcome and congrats on the new GPR ! Your going to put scratches on the bottom anyway.If it really bothers you,get the crated one.There wont be any rust in or on the motor.They all live in crates before they find a new home.For peace of mind,go with the crated one.You will sleep better.

Caution raider fan in the area !!
    +1
    +1

Yea i know i ll end up scratching them the first time i take it out but these are deep into the paint and it being brand new would be nice if they werent there. So the one in the crate should be fine;ok. Once i get it should i start it up and fog it till it dies, then pull the plugs and fog each cylinder or, just pull the plugs in each cylinder and fog it without running it? Sorry for so many questions but this is my first NEW ski and, i really appreciate the help.

+1
    start it up and go ride, enjoy it.
    SHOOTER

+1
    I fog my motors after each weekend ride.You can fog before you start it.Fogging is a great thing.

oh yeah i wish i could ride it, but its like high 40s up here right now. Im putting it away for winter and i wont be able to ride it until april at the earliest so im just wondering what to do to it before storing it even though its never been in the water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beauickownr View Post
    oh yeah i wish i could ride it, but its like high 40s up here right now. Im putting it away for winter and i wont be able to ride it until april at the earliest so im just wondering what to do to it before storing it even though its never been in the water.
    i was ridding caesars creek at 35 degrees there 2 years ago

I just ride the shit out mine and crank it when ever! Scrathes, well F***k it~ it happens!

REAL MEN DONT USE EXCUSES FOR SLOW ASS SPEEDS 800 GRATE~ 1200 GRATE 6 one way half a dozen the other.....

+1
    REAL MEN DONT USE EXCUSES FOR SLOW ASS SPEEDSno, they use them to smoke top end sissys that take a mile and half to finally pull you by a half ski after alot of smack talking 800 GRATE~ 1200 GRATE 6 one way half a dozen the other.....[/QUOTE]800 grate=bonniville 1200 grate =real world... it is all good if all you ride is to get a number..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information