Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

06 vx110 warning beep HELP!!!! PLEASE

Hey all. I recently got a couple of 4 stroke yamaha vx110 waverunners I took them out today or should I say I tried to take them out. They start up fine but not long after the warning system starts to beep and the little engine pops up on the instrument panel.you are unable to accelerate atthis point wich I am sure that is a safety feature. I have checked the oil and the fuel. They seem fine. I do not understand what is causing the problem. I also want to know if when using the flush kit should water flow from water cooling jet. Any thing helps. background on the bikes as best that I know is that the bikes have not been used in about a year but have been started every couple of months. I hope this helps. Thanks to all that reply.

something might just be caught up if the impeller or something must of been sucked up that it didn't like thats all i can really think of maybe just try to flush it out or take a look undernath

You said both ski's are doing the same thing with engine warnings? I agree with what FXsho said, check for blockage in the cooling and/or pump intake.

If only one one ski is acting up, I would check out to see if you have a engine code coming up on your diagnostic system. With the engine running, press and hold the mph/kph-volt/hr select button next to the speedo, for 8 seconds. A number should come up and flash on display. 01 is normal, 15 engine temperature sensor malfunction.

Hopefully it's just some debris stuck in the pump.

I have done what you asked and I have not found any debri or other items in impeller side or on th exhaust side. There is a code of 116 that comes up on the screen if I hold down the mph/kph/volt select swich.what does that mean it supposed to have indicators on instrument panel for temp,oil,and the engine. only th engine comes on. any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffluck View Post
    I have done what you asked and I have not found any debri or other items in impeller side or on th exhaust side. There is a code of 116 that comes up on the screen if I hold down the mph/kph/volt select swich.what does that mean it supposed to have indicators on instrument panel for temp,oil,and the engine. only th engine comes on. any ideas
    Are both skis giving you this message? That code 116 means that there is a malfunction in the electronic control throttle system.

What year are the ski's?

No! one ski has code 113 and they are both 2006. could this be caused by bad gas

Bad gas?.... maybe, you did say they were sitting for year. You can try removing the old gas and put in fresh stuff. Don't try to put an additive in old gas, it will cause you more headaches.

Anyways, that code means your throttle control is getting a bad reading from the throttle position sensor or vice versa (which would be a different code for the throttle control or the T.P.S) or it could be a bad relay for the electronic control throttle valve.

Here are some options:

1. I asked about what year because Yamaha recalled the accelerator posistion sensor(actually the whole mechanical unit) for the 05's and maybe the 06's. They said corrosion may cause erratic throttle control.

2.Check the relay for the throttle control valve(located by the fuse holder). You might need a service manual to do this correctly. There might be one here on Green Hulk to view.Check the search.

3.Call your dealer to find out if the recalls apply to your 06', and if they do find out if they have been performed. If no recalls exist for the 06', and your not comfortable testing your sensor relay yourself, have them do it. They will do the diagnostics check for you and track down the problem for you....hopefully.
    Let us know how it worked out.

I will take them but must save some money they want a hundred an hour minimum of an hour. I just spent alot of money buying the bikes need to save a little.

Any recalls for your 06'? There is no charge for the recall work. You just have to find a dealer that you can trust. I'll call my dealer and see if the 06' has anything and check out the code thats coming up on your diagnostics.

Tuff, your 06' VX's do have TSB's for them. Call your dealer with your VIN number and get them checked out.

What I can't figure out is you said the engine icon was blinking on your display and the machine reduced it's speed. Usually if the oil icon or the tempurature icon start flashing the engine will slow down to prevent a meltdown. The engine flasher comes on if a sensor or voltage problem is happening. But it shouldn't cause the reduced rpm's.

When the machine is running what is the voltage reading on the display?
    14.7-14.8 is normal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information