Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ceramic bearings good for CC or Drag?

I had stock bearings in my supercharger with the riva metal washers.Lasted maybe 25 hours after washers were added. Luckily washers just went out. Think they werent installed correctly. I removed supercharger and sent to Jerry and he replaced stock bearings with ceramics and used his metal washers. Supercharger worked great first few races, then went to world finals and ceramic bearing let go and ruined my motor.
    My question is...Are the ceramic bearings not designed for the abuse of CC racing? Maybe for dragging they are better,less cavitation? Anyone have issues like these with ceramic bearings?

+1
    I ran ceramics in my limited class RXP all season and didnt have a problem, but my friend Chris had a set go out on his stock class RXP and I borrowed his Open boat and we had them on a completely rebuilt Rude charger and they failed within two hours of use in the 2nd moto of my friend's race and it cost him a podium finish.

But that is just my personal experience with them. I don't know if we just had bad luck or what. We are sicking to stock bearings for CC.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89 View Post
    I ran ceramics in my limited class RXP all season and didnt have a problem, but my friend Chris had a set go out on his stock class RXP and I borrowed his Open boat and we had them on a completely rebuilt Rude charger and they failed within two hours of use in the 2nd moto of my friend's race and it cost him a podium finish.

But that is just my personal experience with them. I don't know if we just had bad luck or what. We are sicking to stock bearings for CC.
    Were these the ceramic bearings from Jerry's store? If so was it the old batch or new batch? I heard the new batch is supposed to be much better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Were these the ceramic bearings from Jerry's store? If so was it the old batch or new batch? I heard the new batch is supposed to be much better.
    the bearing in my limited boat that I didnt have a problem with were the old batch and the ones in my friend stock boat were too. In the supercharger that had the bearing fail in 2 hours were the new batch. The cage on them were destroyed.

I had it rebuilt towards the end of july, not sure if they were old or new batch. Yes they were from jerrys store. Anyone race with the stock ones and metal washers? problems? I run open class and am getting things set up for next season..but the weaklink of the supercharger worries me. Looking for the best supercharger set up..I plan on going with a rude charger, not sure how similar their setup is to the stock one. Thanks for the quick replies.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadooracer9 View Post
    I had it rebuilt towards the end of july, not sure if they were old or new batch. Yes they were from jerrys store. Anyone race with the stock ones and metal washers? problems? I run open class and am getting things set up for next season..but the weaklink of the supercharger worries me. Looking for the best supercharger set up..I plan on going with a rude charger, not sure how similar their setup is to the stock one. Thanks for the quick replies.
    Do you mean stock bearing and metal washers? if so I have on my stock class rxp in CC and last year when I raced Supercourse. It held up, but you have to replace the bearing like every 40hours or so.

Are you racing Expert Open? If so I'll probably see you on the course at some point.

In the supercharger that had the bearing fail in 2 hours were the new batch. The cage on them were destroyed.
    Wow.

Why are these ceramic bearings failing like they are? This new batch was supposed to be a lot better than the original. I'm wondering if there's something in the clutch that is causing them to fail? Like some manufacturing error where the bearings sit? Maybe lubrication?

I know the stock bearings let loose too. I really don't know what to think. We've taken care of the washer issue, but this seems like something we can't fix. I hope the new '08's have the problem solved. Maybe the new lubrication system for the clutch will help?

Do you mean stock bearing and metal washers? if so I have on my stock class rxp in CC and last year when I raced Supercourse. It held up, but you have to replace the bearing like every 40hours or so.

Are you racing Expert Open? If so I'll probably see you on the course at some point.
    Yes, sorry i meant stock bearings with metal washers. I raced am r/a open at worlds but lost the supercharger in the first qualifying race. I was the second race. There were two sets I belive race 8 and 9. I hope to race the national tour this year. I raced limited all season, then jumped into Am open at the worlds. Was basically running a riva stage 3 kit with skat pump. This season should be better, going through the whole motor.Looking for the 350 hp mark

Wow.

Why are these ceramic bearings failing like they are? This new batch was supposed to be a lot better than the original. I'm wondering if there's something in the clutch that is causing them to fail? Like some manufacturing error where the bearings sit? Maybe lubrication?

I know the stock bearings let loose too. I really don't know what to think. We've taken care of the washer issue, but this seems like something we can't fix. I hope the new '08's have the problem solved. Maybe the new lubrication system for the clutch will help?
    Believe 08s are the same setup. just come with new washers. here there may be many new things in seadoos dominating lineup.

I mean in the 09 or 2010 lineup

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information