Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

250X or RXP (Stock Class)

Just sold 15F, and now very confused about next purchase, looking for some advice if someone could help me out. I am interested in Eduro's and water is expected to be rough in nearly all races, what would be the better ski? what mods would someone do under stock rules to a 250X? Does anybody currently compete on a 250X and whats your feedback about the ski?

stock class choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last yr I rode an rxp it was fast but in the chop it was something 2 handle, this yr I have a 250x the top speed isn't like the rxp but the reason for that is because of the weight difference of the 2, i can say it's like night & day handling in the chop on the 250x very predictable while riding the waves..... The other thing is it comes down to your choice at the end of it all do your research thats all i can tell you.........

+1
    welcome Ryan,

The SD RXT is a good rough water craft, but I believe the 250x is better.

+1
    something to handle in the chop.........understatement for sure (IMO). Just this past sat. I was riding w/ some buddies who had RXT and the 250x, I am on a 80mph rxpeee. But I can tell u right now whenever we cross a local lake (1-2ft chop), I am the last 1 there and not by a little bit. They have the throttles pinned all the time and even me "working" the ski, I am bouncing around like an idiot. We ride 90% smooth water w/ larger wake throwing boat traffic. Took the drink of my life and had to dry out the cell phone(again) trying to keep up w/ him as we crossed the wake side-by-side, 40ft apart. Said he looked over at me and could not believe the air.......I should have bailed but didn't.....knew I would freeze the rest of the day. He said he had to hang on but that would have never happened on his ski. In the end, I got banged up a bit, sore knee, and soaking wet after the landing and pulling myself out of the footwell. Now if we could just get his boat to the 71mph I have been reading about....

+1
    I dont know if your buying new, but if you are I would be looking at the RXP X & RXT X and not the standard RXP & RXT. The new X package Doo's are gonna be the shizt I personally think they will be the ski to have for stock class next year.

+1
    That would be a tough call right now with no one knowing exactly what the '08 models will bring us. The current models all have some disadvantages, just what you would be willing to deal with the most. Dont rule out the new Yamaha also as it could be interesting. But for all out rough water the RXT or the 250X should be fine from the current selection of '07s.
    Last edited by DaveC; 11-05-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: a

I placed regional champ in #9 4stroke stock...07 ,it was easy to beat the rxps.I rode the new rxp at wf, my ulta will beat them again next year, I also have my douts about the new yamaha the way the supercharger is simular to the seadoo.....It going to be another good season for Kaw!!!

+1
    For Endurance/Supercourse I'd say an Ultra 250X or the RXT-X

Closed Course RXP or RXP-X.

thanks everybody for your replies, at this stage i am now probably leaning more towards 250X.

dbone, can you let me know what sort of setup your run on your 250X in stock class, i know its not all about the fastest ski but with your setup what is the best you can get out of her.

I had rick at Peak power sports set it up for stock...Flame arestor,bat plate,sponsons,wedge.bent the prop some, getting 8000 rpm at 1800ft.The boat ran great with out doing anything but some of the other racers were showing me parts from HomeDepot and barly pulling ahead of me on there ultas.That was enough to give Rick my credit card.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information