Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: sl750

  1. #1

    sl750

    is a 93 sl750 a self draining engine? i searched the forums on winterizing and i cant find any info on this model. Anyone out there with a 93 sl750 can you help me winterize mine? my only fear is making sure i get all of the water out of the engine.


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,570
    +1
    1,272

    Arrow Winterize SL750 Fuji motor

    Quote Originally Posted by buck0123 View Post
    is a 93 sl750 a self draining engine? i searched the forums on winterizing and i cant find any info on this model. Anyone out there with a 93 sl750 can you help me winterize mine? my only fear is making sure i get all of the water out of the engine.
    Search for "winterize" in the Polaris forums for 650, 750, 780, and 785 - all used essentially the same Fuji engine design.

    Here is one thread to get you started.

    The Fuji motor is normally self draining (especially if you raise the nose about 20 degrees above level, then run the engine and burp the throttle a few times to push excess water out of the exhaust).

    Some owners worry about the residual water that remains in the cylinders, and they like to run some propylene anti-freeze into the engine. Don't use automotive anti-freeze, use the RV or marine anti-freeze.

  3. #3
    i tilted the nose up and reved it up a couple of times,ran it while spraying fogging oil into the carbs,sprayed oil into the spark plug holes.will this be good for the winter? do you put antifreeze in yours

  4. #4
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    You will want to add a fuel stabilizer and run it long enough to get the conditioned fuel into the carbs also.

    Anti-freeze is not needed in my opinion.

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,570
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by buck0123 View Post
    ...Anyone out there with a 93 sl750 can you help me winterize mine? ...
    Please try not to start a new thread for every question.
    If you can continue an exisiting thread, that makes it easier for us to keep track of what else has been covered for your boat.

    It is also helpful to put a descriptive subject line, so others can tell what you are asking about, before they open up the thread.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    topeka,ks
    Posts
    3,332
    youll want to inject fuel stabil , run it for 10 sec period of times or if your at the lake just run it for 5 mins ,

    then proceed with fogging , fogging oil is found in almost every parts store , spray an even good amount in to each carb at the same time till the engine smokes and dies out ,

    then spary each cly for 10 secs

    tilt it up leave it it like that for atleast a couple hours ,

    take the battery out , stick it on a float charger or battery tender ,

    lube the pump ,

    stuff a t shirt in the exhuast after water in drained

    and your done ,

    throw some blocks under the trailer axles if you want good tires next season

  7. #7
    Rocky_Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by 97sltx1050 View Post

    throw some blocks under the trailer axles if you want good tires next season
    I know this old timer that 'blocks' his truck tires off the garage floor EVERY NIGHT...and he still believes that bias ply tires are the 'way to go'!

    True story....

  8. #8
    1996SLTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    904
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97sltx1050 View Post
    youll want to inject fuel stabil , run it for 10 sec period of times or if your at the lake just run it for 5 mins ,

    then proceed with fogging , fogging oil is found in almost every parts store , spray an even good amount in to each carb at the same time till the engine smokes and dies out ,

    then spary each cly for 10 secs

    tilt it up leave it it like that for atleast a couple hours ,

    take the battery out , stick it on a float charger or battery tender ,

    lube the pump ,

    stuff a t shirt in the exhuast after water in drained

    and your done ,

    throw some blocks under the trailer axles if you want good tires next season
    Or just move to Florida....just saying lol

  9. #9
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    I know this old timer that 'blocks' his truck tires off the garage floor EVERY NIGHT...and he still believes that bias ply tires are the 'way to go'!

    True story....

    I just couldn't stop laughing BUT hey he just might know something all of those tire engineers missed. Hmnnnn, I think I'll just stick with my radials...

  10. #10
    Rocky_Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    . Hmnnnn, I think I'll just stick with my radials...
    Another true story, about radials:

    Back in the '60's, my father was a pilot for Pan Am, and flew the European route. He returns one day from Germany, with a set of tires for my mother's car, telling her these were something new, called radial ply, and the wave of the future for where the rubber meets the road. He has them installed, and my guess is that they were the first set ever seen in Miami!

    A week goes by, and my mom tells him "take my car down to the tire store this morning, and have my original tires put back on!" "Why?", he implores. She answers, "...because I can't go 2 miles without at least 10 drivers honking at me and yelling that 'you have a flat tire'!"

    Bias 1, radials 0. Game over, as far as my dear ole mom was concerned....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Triple Piped 94 SL750 Article
    By SeaLion in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 11:17 PM
  2. SL650 with SL750 jugs?
    By delagem in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 07:29 PM
  3. RPM's of a 93 SL750
    By ph2ocraft in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 12:58 PM
  4. SL750 Shaft Mid-Bearing Design Question
    By dorf in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 01:42 PM
  5. SL750 motor alignment weirdness
    By Wolf Child in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 03:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •