Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi flow hood thoughts / options

The 5" hole in the Riva hood kit = approx. 20 square inches of free area.
    Four 2 3/4" holes = 24 square inches of free area. If you look at the inner section of the hood where the small bucket fits there are several openings that feed into that dead area. You can also add more holes.

This is what I did to allow me to keep the large storage container. I noticed no differance in rpms with this setup with the front access cover closed or open allowing free flow into the 5" hole I cut into the storage container. Notice the air cleaner is directly next to the air supply holes in the storage bucket.

Some of you may incorporate these ideas when using the Riva hood so you can keep the storage bucket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0294_121.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	625.2 KB 
ID:	3232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0293_161.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	821.6 KB 
ID:	3233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0292_939.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	570.1 KB 
ID:	3234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0291_966.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	3235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0290_197.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	815.3 KB 
ID:	3236  

here comes the popular question, water ingestion?

I don't see how you guys can go with the high flow hood, or all these large holes. I regularly have water coming over the hood. Almost like I submarine the ski but I don't I just ride hard and I have waves coming over. I'm talking so much water that I just about have to hold my breath.

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    i have no problems with water in my hood the way I did it and yes I absolutely drenched the ski several times testing it out...

In case it was not clear, the small front storage lid stays closed not open. Have never had any water get in because everything is sealed just like stock.

So how do you get air in it? Are you getting just the additional air that comes in under the edge of the hood?

mark S: in one of the pics it looks like u have the stock air intake plus the flex hose intake?

+1
    I could never do any of these intakes with the way I ride. The only thing I could do is one of those 6 foot tall air intakes you see on land rovers and hum-v's they use to help keep the air dry when crossing rivers.

The air comes in around the perimeter of the large hood. There are several gaps around the hood where air can enter into the area where the small bucket sits. The fake hoses actually feed into that area.

The stock intake housing is not used. Air is still fed into the engine compartment through the front and rear air intakes. I flipped the voltage regulater upside down and mounted in its original place. Lots of air goes past due to the filter being mounted next to it. If you look at your RXP hood where the small bucket goes this will make more sense when you are looking at it.

Yeah that's what I was wondering. When I was studying my hood I too noticed that there were quite a few spots for air to leak in around the base of the "main" hood but then the only place for it to go was back towards the original air intake at the front of the seat (not very good).

By adding the holes where's you've added them you're giving air a much more direct path into the front of the ski...Very similar to what I did with the exception of i added the flow rites to the top stroage lid...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information