Anyone bought or sold a ski on ebay?

hey any of you guys ever purchased or sold a ski on ebay?
    if so how did it turn out?...PR...

+1
    I have bought and sold skis on eBay. If you just use good common sense everything will be fine. All of my transactions went through without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    I have bought and sold skis on eBay. If you just use good common sense everything will be fine. All of my transactions went through without any problems.
    I understand that registrations follow the boat around in the US. What did you do to ensure everything was in check?...PR...

did you ship ski or buyer picked it up?

+1
    PR, yes the registration follows the ski. I guess you just have to trust the person/people that you are buying the ski from. In TX, if you buy a ski from out of state, you have to have a pencil tracing of the HIN and an engine serial number.

I have sold one ski on eBay to someone 180 miles away. He picked up the ski, and everything went smooth.

I have bought 2 skis on eBay. A brand new 06 GPR from a salvage company, and then paid someone to deliver it to Dallas where I picked it up from him. The salvage dealer Fed Exed me the title and bill of sale.

The other ski that I purchased was a bare hull from a guy in Dallas. He met me half way with a title and bill of sale.

I guess it all boils down to trust. I did end up getting burned on a title for a wrecked ski that I bought from a guy on PWCToday. He shipped me the ski but never sent me the title. The hull was WAY beyond repair, but I wanted to get the title for legal reasons.

If I was you, I would see if I could find someone close to the ski that you are looking at and have them look at it and make sure all of the paperwork is in order.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    i bought 3 skis off of ebay on local and 2 my friend in dallas picked up for and then i just bought one off of craigslist everything went smooth i guess i just got lucky but if i were you i would use craigslist cause its free

Thread Information