Thread: RXP SC

RXP SC

Will a SC from a '06 RXP bolt up and work properly on my '04 RXP? Is there any benifit to doing this other than newer with less hours? Thanks.

Yes it will fit, but there is no benefit. Olny difference is the 06 Shaft is thicker.

it will work just fine-- no performance benefit-- make sure you get metal washers in there!!!!!!!!!!

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    as far as i know... yes it will.... i think the shaft is bigger and stronger but..... i wouldnt put it in stock ..at the minimum replace the ceramic clutch washer with steel ones and clutch spring washers and really should replace the berrings if the hours are unknown ...as for the chargers avalible the top of the totum pole is the rude charger... is the bad boy one but other things need to go with it ..next down it the riva stage 3 housing and wheel.... bolts to your current charger.... i have it and am happy... next down is the green wheel installs directly into your existing charger ...dont waist your time with a vortech wheel

Wow, fast response guys, thanks. I am not really looking to go faster just trying to make it strong and last a while. My '04 RXP only has 26 hours(I just got it a couple of weeks ago) and I was going to pull out the SC this winter and have it upgraded with metal washers and ceramic bearings. I just saw a '06 SC on e-bay and thought if it was stronger or more powerful I might get it and have it upgraded instead.
    Also, how do I get in touch with Jerry to send him this SC to do everything to? I see everyone talking about the great job he does on them and figured that I would have him do it instead of buying the tools myself. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by 55Cameo View Post
    Wow, fast response guys, thanks. I am not really looking to go faster just trying to make it strong and last a while. My '04 RXP only has 26 hours(I just got it a couple of weeks ago) and I was going to pull out the SC this winter and have it upgraded with metal washers and ceramic bearings. I just saw a '06 SC on e-bay and thought if it was stronger or more powerful I might get it and have it upgraded instead.
    Also, how do I get in touch with Jerry to send him this SC to do everything to? I see everyone talking about the great job he does on them and figured that I would have him do it instead of buying the tools myself. Thanks again.
    Go with you original plan and get the ceramic bearings and metal washers put in by Jerry. Your Sc will be solid after that, heres the link to Jerrys service. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

Great info, thanks.

+1
    heres another Q...
    what year SC will be a good retrofit to put in a 2003 GTX SC???
    probably cheaper to get a newer SC and do the washers than have the whole SC upgraded...
    what are the differences btw 215hp RXP/RXT SC and the 185 HP GTX SC??
    can i just buy a 2005 2006 2007 SC from any ski, or do i have to watch for specific 185 HP units...

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    The 185hp engines have an 88 tooth SC drive gear, and the SC itself has a 17 tooth gear. 215hp engines have an 87/16 tooth set up. So it would probably be easier to find an '04, '05, or '06 185hp SC and install metal washers.

Thread Information