Thread: Ultra4tec?

Ultra4tec?

People are dropping 4tec's into gpr's...cause it's a better hull...so faster speeds are acheivable.

Has nobody done the same with the Ultra?...It's got a better rough water hull....how fast would the big water riders be going with a suped up 4tec in it?

...curious

the ultra already has 250 hp-- why would u wanna put less hp in that barge??? I wish Kawasaki would have just put the ultra 250 motor in the STX hull--- that would be a seadoo killer!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm speaking of rough water performance. I said a suped up 4tec (you know....300++hp) in an Ultra250.

...is that stx anything to speak of in the chop?

The reasoning being...there doesn't seem to be any real bolt-on type or internals for that matter, for Kawi's motor....why not a balls to the wall 4tec in that hull?

uhmmm....I'm not speaking sacrilege....am I?

it may work-- the stx/15f hulls are great in the rough stuff! The engine in the 15f is bulletproof too. A turbo 15f would be a pretty easy setup in one of those! It would work i assume-- i just dont think it would really be worth the time or labor to put the RXP motor in the ultra250 hull! I think b4 long there will be a bolt on turbo kit that replaces the supercharger set up!!!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Will the 4-Tec shoe-horn into an Ultra150 hull?????

ultra150 is not a very good top speed hull!! It was top speed king for awhile- but took forever to get there! It also has a very long crawl to get on plane. Sucks in rough water too! It may fit but would be way unsafe above 75mph! I have a 73 mph ultra and its like riding a bull!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    ultra150 is not a very good top speed hull!! It was top speed king for awhile- but took forever to get there! It also has a very long crawl to get on plane. Sucks in rough water too! It may fit but would be way unsafe above 75mph! I have a 73 mph ultra and its like riding a bull!!

I'll bet you a haundred bucks a 215 hp 4-tec would not do any worse than the 250X. A lot of parasitic power to run a roots sc AND the 215's power band is not as flat on top as the kawasucki's is

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Two words and a link:

Turbo 4-tec
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42495

Thread Information