Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BOV on a SC....pro & cons?

Hey Guys,

I don't see all of people running these. Any reason why or why not, seems like it would help some clutch stress. Any and feedback always appreciated. Another newbie trying to learn from you guys.

Many thanks,
    Scottyj

Hey RXP Steve, can you post up the little picture of of that little Kid beating the hell out of that dead horse ? Thanks

Do a search dude, theres a lot of threads on this subject. Some people use them some dont, matter of personal preference.

when you search type in : Blow off Valve not BOV because it is too short and give you alot of random threads

+1
    yeah whats with the too short crap.. cant do BOV, cant do IC, i think rude is too short too...

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Some people use it and some dont. It will prevent stress in the clutch and will prevent the minimal touchdown aftermarket sc are known for.

Cosmic,

Thanks for the links..........

ReDevil, jeez yes this looks like one subject of many different view points.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, I didn't know about the search feature. That should save me a few dead horse questions for sure.

Many thanks guys,
    Scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scottyj View Post
    Cosmic,

Thanks for the links..........

ReDevil, jeez yes this looks like one subject of many different view points.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, I didn't know about the search feature. That should save me a few dead horse questions for sure.

Many thanks guys,
    Scottyj
    I wasnt calling you out or anything dude, i've done the same thing you have before so. I was just disposing of the horse before theres was a crowd of people beating it. Sorry if you took offense to it , wasnt pointed at you at all

BOV ... itís good but the one I got with the IC its leaking some air in full throttle I did remove it and block it with aluminum the RPM went up by 300 RPM and speed increase by 3.5 KM in my RXP

ReDevil,

Hey not at all, no offense taken. Being a newbie I'm learning so much info from you guys it's fantastic.

I was just about to rear intake the RXP however I'm starting to lean back towards the front riva power filter due to the salt build up on the sc wheel and the water ingestion concerns. Will be 100% salt and want to achieve the safest yet effect set-up available. Is the 3" that much of a loss compared to the 4"?

Just got the bad news from Jerry that no more green wheels for a month so I'm considering the S3 with the 42's. More homework to ponder. What I wouldn't give for a guy like Jerry in Montego bay.

Take care,
    Scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scottyj View Post
    ReDevil,

Hey not at all, no offense taken. Being a newbie I'm learning so much info from you guys it's fantastic.

I was just about to rear intake the RXP however I'm starting to lean back towards the front riva power filter due to the salt build up on the sc wheel and the water ingestion concerns. Will be 100% salt and want to achieve the safest yet effect set-up available. Is the 3" that much of a loss compared to the 4"?

Just got the bad news from Jerry that no more green wheels for a month so I'm considering the S3 with the 42's. More homework to ponder. What I wouldn't give for a guy like Jerry in Montego bay.

Take care,
    Scottyj
    If your riding all salt i would not suggest the rear Intake. Theres is a significant difference between the rear and the 3 inch. I sugguest making your own 4 Inch Intake which is better then the 3 inch but not as good as a rear intake. In your situation the 4 inch is better for the integrity of the ski. Do a Search on homemade intakes and you should find some stuff that will point you in the right direction.

Going Straight to a S3 wheel is not a bad idea, theres a S3 charger for sale in the classified for an awesome price !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information