Is it bad for a ski to sit on the trailer all the time?

Sorry if this has been asked before! I'm wondering because that's where ours sits. We don't have any lakes closeby to leave it in; we have to drive at least an hour every time we go out. This means the ski is always on the trailer when not in use. Is this hard on the hull?

Thanks!

Chris

I would say no. If the ski is tied down properly there shouldn`t be an issue. Your going to get rub marks from the bunks no matter what. just try and keep the abrasive sand out of the carpet. My ski lives on the trailer when parked in the garage. I trailer it about 17 miles to the ramp and then home again. I release the straps and let it rest on the bunks when parked/stored...just my 2 cents...PR...

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Any of you guys use those "bunk mates?" The runner covers that are made of a poly type material instead of the usual carpet? I wondered if those were all they are cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Any of you guys use those "bunk mates?" The runner covers that are made of a poly type material instead of the usual carpet? I wondered if those were all they are cracked up to be.
    hate to sound bold... BUT I don`t care what anyone says, they BLOW... they actually will mark up the gelcoat more than the scrubbing of the carpet. The white bunk mates collect small particals of the gelcoat and that gets imbedded into the soft poly whatever there made of and will continue to scratch the hull. Unless you have a white hull then you don`t notice it as much, but it`s still there...just my 2 cents...PR...

bunkmates

yes bunk mates are great,i have them on my cigarette boat trailer,very nice and well worth it.

Liquid rollers.
    put the ski in the water, spray down the bunks, go have fun.

When you put the ski on the trailer u will be amazed at how easy the skis go on.

When I retrieve the ski the bunks are barely in the water, hook up the ski when its at the end of the trailer and with one hand can crank the 900# ski up with ease. With the ride plate just making contact with the water, disconnect the ski, jump on, pull back on the handle bars and off she slides.
    Doesnt scratch up the hull either

I have used them too...they really make launching easy and yes they do get some black on them but have not hurt my ski bottom. You have to be a little careful launching because the ski will literaly slide off the trailer if not still hooked to the trailer when launching. Un hook, a little push and whoose, in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    I have used them too...they really make launching easy and yes they do get some black on them but have not hurt my ski bottom. You have to be a little careful launching because the ski will literaly slide off the trailer if not still hooked to the trailer when launching. Un hook, a little push and whoose, in the water.
    for some reason my ski was sticking to the bunk mates. once on the trailer you couldn`t budge the ski. I can say that the bunk mates offered more cushion and absorbed shock... otherwise you could pass your hand over the material and feel that the surface was very rough. For over $100 I did not see an improvement and wound up paying another 65 or so to get new covered wood bunks...PR...

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    I agree with PR, not worth the $$$ speent. Took them off after 1 month as they were leaving marks and made it hard to slide off. They were not smooth at all. Maybe PR & I had the bad batch. Hummmm

Get the can. Liquid rolller.

Best price can be found at basspro.com

Thread Information