Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105

    Fuel Filler Door Left or Right

    So I get an e-mail today telling me if you have a fuel filler door on the left, the fuel gauge will have a photo of the pump with a hose on the left.

    It goes onto say if the filler door is on the right side of the car, the hose on the pump (on the fuel gauge) will be on the right.

    Well, I checked a few of my cars and noticed that IF I had a fuel pump in the gauge and the hose was on the right side BUT the filler door was on the left it had an arrow to show me the filler door was on the left side of the vehicle.

    I checked another car and it actually says fuel door and has an arrow pointing to the correct direction.

    I'm wondering if you guys can check your filler doors and gauges and see what you have.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    So I get an e-mail today telling me if you have a fuel filler door on the left, the fuel gauge will have a photo of the pump with a hose on the left.

    It goes onto say if the filler door is on the right side of the car, the hose on the pump (on the fuel gauge) will be on the right.

    Well, I checked a few of my cars and noticed that IF I had a fuel pump in the gauge and the hose was on the right side BUT the filler door was on the left it had an arrow to show me the filler door was on the left side of the vehicle.

    I checked another car and it actually says fuel door and has an arrow pointing to the correct direction.

    I'm wondering if you guys can check your filler doors and gauges and see what you have.

    US auto manufactures place the fuel filler door OPPOSITE the tailpipe exit side...

  3. #3
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    US auto manufactures place the fuel filler door OPPOSITE the tailpipe exit side...
    Interesting tid bit, I guess it makes sense if you leave the car running while fueling.

    But what about dual exhausted cars like the Vette or Viper? I think they still have dual exhaust.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 11-06-2007 at 08:12 PM.

  4. #4
    ISLAND RACING seadoo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Longisland, NY
    Posts
    843
    Both cars we have some kind of indicator as to where the fuel door is.

  5. #5
    I like Boobs. wetwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The NSA know's that I'm in Spokane, WA
    Posts
    805
    +1
    106
    holy crap Al, don't you have a jetski you should be workin on!!??

    I'll check my rigs tomorrow.

  6. #6
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by wetwolf View Post
    holy crap Al, don't you have a jetski you should be workin on!!??
    About 6 of them BUT the Hurricane is next.

    I'll check my rigs tomorrow.
    I just checked my nieghbors Honda, it has the fuel door on the left but the fuel gauge shows the fuel filler hose on the right.

  7. #7
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    My Caravan has the fuel pump symbol on the gas gage with the hose on the right. Under the speedometer is (Fuel Door) with a arrow pointing left.

  8. #8
    jaycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    481
    So what is the point of this thread???

    And my Hummer has the arrow pointing to the Left....

  9. #9
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Get your ass back to work Al.

  10. #10
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    The purpose of the post is to see if what the e-mail states is acurate. It doesn't hold true with the Honda but maybe it does with every American Manufacturer?
    Just Curious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone have the steering lock up either left or right? 14' Tx-As
    By coachfarnen in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2016, 06:48 AM
  2. Flip left or right?
    By TheJoker in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 08:37 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 05:43 AM
  4. no water out off left and right side pissers
    By Raider Kevin in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 01:31 PM
  5. Fuel supply: One line or two?
    By PolarisNut in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 04:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •