Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation twin turbo rxp anyone?

has anyone ever thought about building not a turbo rxp but a

twin turbo rxp !!!!!

just imagine how fast it could go. it would be like a kabilion kajilion miles an hour (119.3) posible guess if anyone has this idea then please let me know

+1
    It wouldn't really be the ultimate in high horsepower setups like you think... but you could install two small turbos to minimize turbo lag.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoomaster View Post
    has anyone ever thought about building not a turbo rxp but a

twin turbo rxp !!!!!

just imagine how fast it could go. it would be like a kabilion kajilion miles an hour (119.3) posible guess if anyone has this idea then please let me know
    wake up and call TOTO back up on the porch! hahahahahahaaha

+1

Question

I think this is a typical misconception ... twin turbos don't necessarily add any more hp or speed than single turbos ... if a single turbo can produce more than enough boost for your application, there is very little advantage to twin turbos, other than as Brian said, but that would be a very minor low rpm advantage. Twin turbos are usually only used for easier packaging, on V8 motors ... they are never installed on inline engines ... it would be nuts to even think about it ... tons more hardware, more work, no hp advantage ... and how the hell would you even split the exhaust and mount all that shit anyway?? To top it off, we have LITTLE motors ... we would be mounting two TINY turbos ... ah, never mind ...
    Last edited by Vern; 11-07-2007 at 05:21 PM. Reason: fixed

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    good theory but making it work would be tuff because space is ltd. as it is.

also when did you purchse the sykes family's rxp, the one that is your current avatar?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I think this is a typical misconception ... twin turbos don't necessarily add any more hp or speed than single turbos ... if a single turbo can produce more than enough boost for your application, there is very little advantage to twin turbos, other than as Brian said, but that would be a very minor low rpm advantage. Twin turbos are usually only used for easier packaging, on V8 motors ... they are never installed on inline engines ... it would be nuts to even think about it ... tons more hardware, more work, no hp advantage ... and how the hell would you even split the exhaust and mount all that shit anyway?? To top it off, we have LITTLE motors ... we would be mounting two TINY turbos ... ah, never mind ...
    VERN CALLED it...... twin turbos work great with V-8 motors like my new 2008 F-250 with the 6.4 Power Strroke Diesel V-8 twin turbo set up! it ROCKS!!!!!!!
    Last edited by REID2168; 11-07-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    VERN CALLED it...... twin turbos work great with V-8 motors like my new 2008 F-250 with the 6.4 Power Strroke Diesel V-8 twin turbo set up! it ROCKS!!!!!!!
    true but with that 6.4L motor it is a larger turbo and slighlty smaller turbo... the smaller turbo is used for the low end and helps the motor spool the larger turbo thus reducing the turbo lag. the early motors were programmed by navistar with too much fuel in the map causing them to shoot flames out the exhaust.

ford and navistar have since rectified the situaton

one of my larger clients has a nice chip/intake/exhaust combo developed for this already....

you might have seen or heard of them, they were on pinks with a diesel truck....

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    The 6.4 has Sequential turbos.

If it werent for the 6.0 and 6.4 I would be out of a job!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    true but with that 6.4L motor it is a larger turbo and slighlty smaller turbo... the smaller turbo is used for the low end and helps the motor spool the larger turbo thus reducing the turbo lag. the early motors were programmed by navistar with too much fuel in the map causing them to shoot flames out the exhaust.

ford and navistar have since rectified the situaton

one of my larger clients has a nice chip/intake/exhaust combo developed for this already....

you might have seen or heard of them, they were on pinks with a diesel truck....
    do u have the contact information fo rthese guys i want a chip and K&N air filter kit! thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    The 6.4 has Sequential turbos.

If it werent for the 6.0 and 6.4 I would be out of a job!!!

my dad is only 60 yaers old and has been working for Navistar International for 42 years. NO BS!!!!!!!!!! so he just went back from the strike as well i think or is getting ready to! not sure!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information