Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Octane Boost???

Octane Boost???

With the problems of finding 91+ octane fuel lakeside, is there any possibility that an "octane boost" product would help solve this problem. I can find 93 octane roadside and I have never ran any less.
    Taking the ski out twice a day and/or hauling 30+ gal of fuel a day is a bitch!

One gallon of Tolulene or Xylene will do the trick.

I would not recomened running any kind of octane booster.

+1
    I've seen everyone not recommend it, but i've never really read why.

lol.. isn't Tolulene the stuff in those energy drinks... oh wait I was thinking of Taurine

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    I've seen everyone not recommend it, but i've never really read why.

lol.. isn't Tolulene the stuff in those energy drinks... oh wait I was thinking of Taurine
    Ive often wondered exactly what the stuff does!

The bottles of octane booster you buy in stores is a waste of money. It only raises the octane level in tenths. Meaning if the bottle claims raising the octane 5 points it means 0.5. Raising your 91 octane gas to 91.5. You will have to buy a lot of bottles to raise the level. That money could be saved for more gas on your ski. I rxp runs the same if I use 91 or 93 octane.

One gallon of Tolulene or Xylene will do the trick
    I tried that Tolulene once when I had my ultra 150. I had RD 42cc heads on that recommended 92 octane. All I had was 91 octane in my area at that time. It made no difference at all using 91 or raising the octane level.
    I had even ran 89 octane in my RXP also. I never noticed any difference in performance either.

Think of it this way... You can spend $8-$10 on a gallon of tolulene or Xylene. Or spend around $2.40 a gallon on premium gas to fill an extra gas can to take with you.
    I always have extra gas on my trailer. If I plan to go on a long trip I always keep a two gallon gas can inside my storage area in my ski just in case I need it to get back. Some of you might not think thats safe but I have been doing it for years with no problems.

+1
    ok does anyone have a good solution when your only choice is 87 octain I always try to run 93 but there is on trip I take where 87 is the only thing avalible I have not made this trip since I added a couple of mods so I am looking for some ideas

gas

I go the same problem. I maintain the ski full of gas 93 oct. When I have time, I fill up three 5 gallons cans with 93 octane gas and stored in my house. Using it for the ski.

At the time I will ride, I already have the 93 oct. ready. That's easy, just buy it when you can and stored.

+1
    I use it sometimes..I doubt it works..I use the N.O.S. octane boost...But I always make sure I have at least a half tank of fuel..And I won't put anything in under 91 octaine..Of course I run alot more compression than you guys..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information