Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

03 SC LTD exhaust????

I called Riva to ask about the rear exit exh and they tell me it can't be done. Am I crazy for wanting to do this? What is the problem, swim step in the way or what? Does Rotax Racing make one that fits. Thanks for your input. Russ

+1
    Its been done many times. The Riva thru hull, or the Rotax Racing thru hull i sell in my online store will both fit your 03 GTX

Welcome to the forum!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    take a picture of your waterbox if u can inside the hull.

to my knowledge the only difference between 03-04 exhaust is the secondary exhaust expansion chamber... the black plastic part that comes off the waterbox and goes up along the side of the motor. 03 SC skis were the only year and model this was done. If you block off the chamber with the billet plug, and gut the rest of the system, i see no reason why it can't be done...

WORST CASE SCENARIO as i see it.... if you might have to buy a new waterbox to make the pipe line up properly, but i'm blanking on the appearance of the stock 03 waterbox setup. i know it has that weird setup, can't remember if the Y is part of the waterbox is just couplers

+1

i'm a putse, that's right... now i remember. 03 GTX SC has dual waterboxes, no resonator

+1
    yes, but i think you remove the second waterbox.

+1
    you might actually need to switch waterboxes from left to right. the waterbox on the exhaust manifold side has 3 inlets/outlets (that or it's split with a Y) .... the throttle side waterbox just has an inlet and outlet. the thru-hull pipes might not line up perfectly, or maybe it will somehow squeeze between all the fittings and fall in the right place... there's next to zero room for error of location with the thru-hull pipes

you need to remove throttle-side waterbox, remove the expansion chamber along side the motor, rip out all the other stuff..... the find out is the waterbox split with a Y or made with 3 inlet/outlets, in which case swaping waterboxes might do the trick. if u can utilize the waterbox currently on the exhaust side, you need a billet plug to clamp into the opening.

Wow that was fast response!

+1
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH..... god they changed more than i remember from 03 to 04

you have 3 inlet/outlets on the stock exhaust side waterbox. gonna be close if they line-up perfectly your stock exhaust exit is pretty amusing... just examine that diagram... it's enough to give you a chuckle some serious redesign for 04 ocurred, that's for sure.

I'm not saying it's direct bolt-on, but i'm not saying it's gonna be imposible either.... i'm just not gonna jump out on a limb and tell you it'll work and then have you post in a few weeks that ur in all sorts of dilemmas and obstacles, lol... but you can make it happen i promise you that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f_ed_up_03_exhaust_208.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	3242  

I have the link working now. Every time I look under the seat I scratch my head and wonder why there is so much plumbing?
    I like a challenge, I'm goin for it. Hope you guys can help me if I need some specially bent pipes.

+1
    na, we'll make it happen..... buy the kit of your choice... Riva or Rotax Racing.... and we'll get it done

what's the ABSOLUTE worst case scenario? you buy a new OEM 4-tec waterbox.... not a bad last resort i would think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information