Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

What to do when ski flips....?

I know I have to un-flip it. But do I have to check anything after that? My ski was flipped for the first time last Sunday and I was just told today. It was weird because when it happened the person that was riding it came back saying that the display was going crazy. The speedometer and rpms were going all the way up, then down. The ski ran normal but the display also read "KEY". I had no idea what was going on so I looked inside the engine compartment and there was water inside. I asked if they had flipped and they said NO! I took the water out, I cleaned the key and the plug and it stopped doing it and continued normally. I was so pissed when I was told that they had flipped and had lied in my fucking face

Anyways, what should have been done when it happened....Besides checking the small storage compartment below the steering column.... My $300 phone was there, got wet and does not work now......TO add to my rage...

WOW....THAT guy must have TRIED to flip the thing....I havent even come close to flipping my 3 seater and most of the time I ride standing up (superman) and I am 6'5"...I have taken my tumbles but my ski has never came close to flipping over...Knock on wood!

+1
    It was 3 guys and it was really rough water....

If someone flipped my ski...which would never happen because I ALWAYS am the driver or atleast on the ski when someone else drives it...I would go Ape shit....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    If someone flipped my ski...which would never happen because I ALWAYS am the driver or atleast on the ski when someone else drives it...I would go Ape shit....
    Let's just say he's my girls cousin and I had to bite it this time..

HAHA...I wouldnt of...well lets put it this way I couldnt of..I would of been all up in his face...

you don't need to do anything other then run her balls out for a little while. Give the bailer system time to get rid of all the water.

The gauge thing sounds like water got inside it. Our gtx sc got some water inside of it and first it started acting funny until later in the weekend if went off completly and the ski would beep every minute or so. It would flash on and off, reset at random, show one thing but not another until it finally just died.

+1
    It also had that beep, but about every 30 secs or so. But why would it say "KEY" in nthe display?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    I'll bet good money that the ski was at idle, the three of them were chattin' it up (good times and all), the ski tipped, everyone panicked, and HELD ON TO THE SKI as it started going over

It's always best, when the ski starts to roll at idle... BAIL

GeoRXT... I think the ski will be OK... not being forthcoming on their part kinda sucked though!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT
    It also had that beep, but about every 30 secs or so. But why would it say "KEY" in nthe display?
    That is how it started. I actually think it took two weekends. There should be no condensation inside the display, there was on ours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information