Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Just got Ebay intercooler

Ok,, its deffinately not made in China. Casing is 3/16 aluminum, which is overbuilt but deffinately bullet proof for this application. Welds look good. Polish job, well ain`t really polished but its shiney. Not showroom quality by a long shot. The core, well ,,,,I`m gonna have to be proven through the longevity test. Chambers aren`t even close to smooth so I`ll have to do some work there. I`d really like to run a strainer and if anyone knows of one,,,,PLEASE POST IT! This thing is heavy. Came from:

SSAutoChrome, INC
    www.xs-power.com
    817 Beaver Dam
    Creedmore, NC 27522
    919-528-1739

Only time will tell what the core has got. Overall I`m extremely pleased with this item. For automotive use this is overkill. Which is a good thing.

+1
    Forgot to add that packaging was extremely good. Not that it would matter as you could probably drop this thing off a five story building and the concrete would lose that fight.

Ditto on that strainer. I'd like to run one to be on the safe side but I don't know what works best on our skis.

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    i pick one up a west marine. jibco or something.

I know Westmarine is against us
    but it is on my way home. and i didn't have time to order it and wait.

After just doing a search is it really worth putting a strainer on or is the strainer on the pump sufficient?

+1
    First thing is these aren`t proven yet. Meaning the core. I bought one because for the price I`m willing to give it a shot. But by all means, if this core doesn`t look good to me after a few outings,,,I`m yankin` it.
    Second, and most important,,,you always always get what ya pay for.

I really belive this will work fine. If the core fails,,,the housing is ample enough to buy a core and graft it in. This casing is military tough!

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    You know there's a lot of disagreement on if the strainers will fail or not but i know of a couple triple piped skis (including my other ski) that have been running the west marine one with no ill affects for some time...

Now if I was going to run one I'd want to mount a bypass somewhere visible just to be able to see what the water was doing but that's just me...My tripled ski has 6 pissers on the nose so I know quick if something happens with the water flow whereas these RXP's don't have any...

Seems like it would be easy enough to tap one on the "water out" side of the intercooler...or even just put a "Y' inline on the water out side...

+1
    Yes it would be easy to "T" off the fitting at the cooler. I will be into this soon. Right now I`ve got to finish with the port work on a set of Vortech heads. We just cut `em for 202`s

After realizing what I was typing (just read it) I will drill and tap off the outlet side of the cooler. It`s 1" thick aluminum.

That was quick hoss! I will try that link you gave and give those bad boyz a call. Enjoy that new found after-freshy-cooliness

+1
    Yeah, I orderred it Friday, maybe even Monday. Can`t remember. Got it from powerboost29 or 26 can`t remember that either. He is on ebay with 100% positive feed back. Someone here posted the link to his auction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information