Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

steering nozzle position?

What was the outcome? Has anyone determined the best position for the bushing with a wedge?
    I think someone said moving nozzle position downwards would/might counter the effects of the wedge?

Re: steering nozzle position?

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    What was the outcome? Has anyone determined the best position for the bushing with a wedge?
    I think someone said moving nozzle position downwards would/might counter the effects of the wedge?
    Andy, I left mine in the normal position. I am also running the 2 degree wedge and the Riva grate with no center fins. Just got back from the lake and will post some numbers and results later with the bigger injectors and Nils controller with mapping by bttek1. Just a quicky though, 72.1 @ 8250 with the Skat 14/19 3 blade and 82mm ring. I am quite happy with that for now. The other couple of mph's should come with the rings and impeller, 15/20 or Skat 3 blade.

Thanks Jay, great numbers there! but what is the normal position? offset to the rear or front? is your nozzle pointed upward or inline with the venturi (reduction nozzle)? ...PR...

Thanks Jay, great numbers there! but what is the normal position? offset to the rear or front? is your nozzle pointed upward or inline with the venturi (reduction nozzle)? ...PR...
    Andy,

The large circle of the bushing is facing the pump and my nozzle is pointed a little upward.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Andy,

The large circle of the bushing is facing the pump and my nozzle is pointed a little upward.
    Red Devil, like this:
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-25-2007 at 12:02 PM.

I just checked this on my RXT a few days ago because my bushing was broken, think about 1/2 of them are when new. I'm assuming that your offset bushing is on the bottom like mine, if the hole is forward it angles the steering nozzle upward and if the hole is to the rear it is closer to neutral and in line with the pump nozzle. If you have a wedge the hole should be to the rear so the nozzle will be closest to to being inline with the pump nozzle. Lay a straight edge in the pump nozzle to see for yourself. If you put the hole forward so the offset is tilting the nozzle up it will be like having a 5 degree pump wedge. I was going to put an angle finder on both nozzles to see exactly what was going on but got distracted and never did.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i dramatically noticed the difference in the ride of my ski since i switched the bushing. I always ran a 2.5 wedge with the bushing stock and it rode very high out of the water, nose high..... now it rides quite a bit lower with the bushing switched, but the alignement from the venturi out the nozzle is night and day difference as GTXX described. it can only make things better i would think having a direct angle out the back rather than an offset angle to create water drag thru the pump

GTXX and Shibbs, read paragraph #5, this is what is causing the confusion, look at the stated results from R&D with the nozzle upwards with use in their wedge. I have ran a season ans 1/2 with this set up, and ran max speed at 7650 rpms, so what do you still think???
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-25-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Red Devil, like this:[/quote]

Yes Andy, Mine is set up just like that.

Jay, so then your steering nozzle is in the uppermost position!? yes!? This is the way I ran for the past 1 1/2 seasons with no probs.

Steve, I can`t really say just how much bow rise I had over the other way you tried. Maybe that`s another reason why I kept pretty dry flying over the chop...PR...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information