Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question RXP-X RXT-X Speed Governor

Is there a Speed Governor on the new skis for SEADOO?

no "governor" really... but there were a few details built into the ski to slow them down... that if modified and removed will increase speed significantly.

and just like the regular RXPs there is power left in the motor that can be tapped using aftermarket ECUs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by mirzar1 View Post
    Is there a Speed Governor on the new skis for SEADOO?
    Not an actual govenor, but things can be done to limit a crafts speed...according to Jerry the prop was designed to be great out of the hole but eat up HP on top end to help keep the speed down. The intake grate also does a great job of keeping the boat hooked up but reduces the top speed of the boat some. Other things can be done to the hull and pump too, but I won't go into too much detail. Manufacturers have to do these things in order to keep the speed of the craft below 70mph per the USCG regulations. 255 HP is a great advertising point for a stock boat, but you won't see it be any faster top end than the current RXP 215 until you start modding. However it will destroy the RXP 215 out of the hole.

Yeah that makes sense..after like 55 Mph the water is freightening

I'm anxious to see these units on the street so people can start playing with them. I'd personally like to see 75 or so with this amount of hp and some min sub $1000 mods. Modding is so damn addictive....

Just recieved my RE block-offs. Thx Jerry...Awesome quality. Jon

Banned User
    i also heard that they use certain parts that will use up horsepower and slightly slow the top speed down...

what can you do to get that horsepower back and bring up the top speed without using to much money and without sacrificing ANY acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    i also heard that they use certain parts that will use up horsepower and slightly slow the top speed down...

what can you do to get that horsepower back and bring up the top speed without using to much money and without sacrificing ANY acceleration?

What parts would those be?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Huge pump inlet.

Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    according to Jerry the prop was designed to be great out of the hole but eat up HP on top end to help keep the speed down.

The intake grate also does a great job of keeping the boat hooked up but reduces the top speed of the boat some.

Other things can be done to the hull and pump too, but I won't go into too much detail.

Now I will mention some other things that can keep speed down now that it has been asked...hull, we already know the RXP hull is slower than the GPR hull, i.e. hull efficiency. The rideplate, we know from the GPR and current RXP rideplate projects that speed can be gained or lost their depending on the design. Also if extra shims are thrown in the rear of the rideplate the bow of the craft will ride lower and slow the craft down, opposite effect of a wedge. The pump stator can slow you down. The more veins, the better the hookup and holeshot but the slower the top speed. Less veins = more top end but worse hookup and holeshot.

Here is another way to slow down a craft...

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Huge pump inlet.

Now as for the following...

Quote Originally Posted by alexp073
    Reverse everything that's been done to slow down the craft already. But seriously reverse what has been done to slow down the craft. Find ways to make the hull more efficient (blueprint, true it, etc.), find speed in the rideplate (it's angle, skegs, extension, true it, etc.), use a better scoop grate for top end (something that would make the pump inlet smaller for the RXP-X and not stuff the pump so much...this is like comparing the R&D grate to the Riva for hookup and top end), maybe use a different pump stator (but I doubt this will be necessary because I believe the "X" utilizes the same one and it's been very good to us), find a prop that delivers more top end and doesn't eat up horsepower.

Now don't forget that nothing comes without a little bit of a tradeoff. If you go for top end with some of these changes (such as the prop and intake grate) and you will lose some hookup and holeshot. Jerry has already spoke of this in his '08 write up. He does admit that some holeshot will be lost, but he doesn't believe it will be very much. 2.9sec 0-50mph for the RXP-X is fast, and Jerry doesn't think a couple tenths will be too big of a deal, but this is all speculation. We won't know for sure what we're gaining and losing until the "X" is in our hands.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Now I will mention some other things that can keep speed down now that it has been asked...hull, we already know the RXP hull is slower than the GPR hull, i.e. hull efficiency. The rideplate, we know from the GPR and current RXP rideplate projects that speed can be gained or lost their depending on the design. Also if extra shims are thrown in the rear of the rideplate the bow of the craft will ride lower and slow the craft down, opposite effect of a wedge. The pump stator can slow you down. The more veins, the better the hookup and holeshot but the slower the top speed. Less veins = more top end but worse hookup and holeshot.

Here is another way to slow down a craft...

Now as for the following...

Reverse everything that's been done to slow down the craft already. But seriously reverse what has been done to slow down the craft. Find ways to make the hull more efficient (blueprint, true it, etc.), find speed in the rideplate (it's angle, skegs, extension, true it, etc.), use a better scoop grate for top end (something that would make the pump inlet smaller for the RXP-X and not stuff the pump so much...this is like comparing the R&D grate to the Riva for hookup and top end), maybe use a different pump stator (but I doubt this will be necessary because I believe the "X" utilizes the same one and it's been very good to us), find a prop that delivers more top end and doesn't eat up horsepower.

Now don't forget that nothing comes without a little bit of a tradeoff. If you go for top end with some of these changes (such as the prop and intake grate) and you will lose some hookup and holeshot. Jerry has already spoke of this in his '08 write up. He does admit that some holeshot will be lost, but he doesn't believe it will be very much. 2.9sec 0-50mph for the RXP-X is fast, and Jerry doesn't think a couple tenths will be too big of a deal, but this is all speculation. We won't know for sure what we're gaining and losing until the "X" is in our hands.

First off tell me how 9.7 lbs of boost tranlates to 255 hp? Someone chime in on the formula!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information