Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

How different are PWC's really?

If the RXP is a pig, isn't it because of the motor size (mostly)? And if another brand supposedly handles better in the chop, wouldn't that be because of the hull design (mostly)?

So is there any improvement to either? Meaning, could the RXP hull be improved to handle better in the areas people are saying it sucks? And wouldn't other manufacturers be in the same boat if they were to increase their engine size, etc?

I hear a lot of trash talking (mostly jealousy but it won't be admitted) about the RXPig, but I don't see any other PWC stepping up in horsepower out of the gate. According to Riva, you'd have to spend the money for 2 skis to get to the bragging numbers. And then what do you have? An upside ski that you'll never see a return on, but that's cool if you're willing to accept that.

+1
    I think its mostly jealousy part that makes them so different .. I am sure the engineers tested hulls based on motor weight and etc and got a close realiable match for te everyday rider . You dont want 215 hp ski that will turn on a dime available to general public . Plus sea-doo has to save something to come out and bust open new well never mind they are no new improvemnet on other skis

+1
    Meant to say an "upside down" ski in terms of the mods well exceeding the value of the ski.

I can't see the other manufacturers going to forced induction, which seems to be the only quick increase in horsepower without a larger engine, and not bulking up the ski to handle the increased power. In a bad analogy, remember older cars that had the more horsepower but no convertible edition because of torque fatigue on the frame. And usually you see convertibles with heavy frame rails that get the vehicle weight sometimes more than that of a coupe. Well I can't see Yami or Kawi introducing a RXP beater without gaining some weight. And with that weight how will their hull look? Will they have the same dilemma that most are hating and pointing out as deficits to the RXP/RXT?

+1
    Well it depend on wo you are asking . If the gpr increases sie to house a larger motor the die hard yamis will not considered it a pig even if it has thesame dimensions of the rxp . I say the gpr will have to be significantly larger to house a 215 hp engine and be stable Now the stxr might be able to stay the same size and hold a larger engine

+1
    I haven't even ridden an STXR...is that a 3-seater? Like the RXT? Basically a couch as 11 would call it (of course he wouldn't call his own a couch).

+1
    I don't know if you guys have noticed, but there is less and less trash talk abou the RXP lately. Could it be because it's winning closed course events across the country???

+1
    I have to admit that I don't follow the race results, but I would know if RXP's were losing from 11.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    The STXR is significantly lighter than the RXT and even the RXP.

When a new ski is designed they basically look at what they got first to minimize costs.
    That's why they used the GTI as a base and used the motor from the GTX as a start.

I think it's heavy not because of the block (which is basically lighter than a 2 strokes) but because of the accessories it required.

I don't think they wanted to fight for the weight anyways.

As far as Kawasaki the STX hull is big enough for the blower but I am afraid the 2006 STX SC will be RXT size.

PS: the GPR is a pig.

+1
    why not use same base stxr and drop a sc motor in it . no need to increase the size . We keep going we going to have power boats . at some point the size will need to stop or we will have the LRV . what ever happen to that thing ?

+1
    From the size of skis being put out by manufacturers these days they all are pigs, but may the pig with the most power win

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information