72.1 @ 8200/8250
    Air 75/Water 64
    82 mm ring
    4 bars of fuel
    Siemens 55 lb Injectors
    Nils' Fuel Controller programmed by (bttek1) Brian
    Skat 14/19 3 Blade
    Reflashed ECU

Brian (bttek1) did a fantastic job programming the controller. No way could I have ever done to the controller what he did. There is obviously a ton of his time put into the program. Idling the ski is around 12.8, which is exactly where Brian wanted it. I will send him the complete breakout and he'll decide where the controller needs tweeking. Mid range RPM's were from mid 10's to low 13's and 8000 and up, it was between very low 10's to 10.5 @ WOT. Again, it was set up to run a little rich so all in all today was a successful day. Very little water in the hull as opposed to the last time when the entire engine pay filled with water. It is obvious that the single bearing going out was the culprit. Guess I need to go to the 83 mm ring to up my RPM's but am thinking that my top end may drop unless I bend the prop at the same time? I will make another run with just changing the ring to the 83 and then go to the Solas 15/20 to see what happens. The other 2 missing mph must be in the ring and prop combo.

+1
    Great results!

You need to take 1mm out of the trailing edge of your prop. That will get those RPM's up and also yield better acceleration and top speed.

Fanf******tastic results. Glad to hear you didn't sink this time

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Great results!

You need to take 1mm out of the trailing edge of your prop. That will get those RPM's up and also yield better acceleration and top speed.
    Are you cool with doing the 3 blades? Also, what about swapping rings? Should this be done after the bend or is what I said above true that if I go up to the 83 my RPM's will increase but I may lose speed?

Quote Originally Posted by gtxsc03
    Fanf******tastic results. Glad to hear you didn't sink this time
    I had the county fire department and rescue squad on alert this time....

+1
    Jay, read the thread in the tech section. Taking 1 mm out of the prop is something you can easily do yourself.

If you still want me to do it i will.

Dont go bigger with the rings. It will just slow you down.

Optimum ring size is 81 mm. Pitch for optimum RPM's with the 81 mm ring and you will fly!

Go Devil ! I went over to Watkins Landing around 3:30 and it was wide open.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ran my ski as well today red devil... but would feel real bad jacking your thread. i don't think the 15/20 is gonna do it... it sucked in my ski and we're very close to each other right now. I ran the stock prop today, and the mid-range and top-end acceleration blew away the two SOLAS props i have... i mean blew them away!!

i'm running 8400-8450 at 3/4 throttle today with a 82 mm ring. Also.. the 81mm ring gave me crappy acceleration. i don't think the 3-seaters are gonna be anything like the RXPs in the pump combos. I'm inclined to play with 82mm for awhile... too bad i dont have a 83 ring (altho that's pretty much what the stock venturi is)

i bet your ski would love my skat pitched 14/18.5 with a race finish on it... for some reason i couldn't fling my 14/18.5 mroe than 8000. the 15/20 had me jammed at 7900, and i took a sizeable amoutn of pitch out of the 15/20 and gained nothing and acceleration was absolutely boring. when i ran the B kit and RR ECU... i ran 8300 and 73.2 mph on the 14/18.5

Quote Originally Posted by RXP04
    I went over to Watkins Landing around 3:30 and it was wide open.
    Where is that place? Maybe we should go there instead on Chesdin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    ran my ski as well today red devil... but would feel real bad jacking your thread. i don't think the 15/20 is gonna do it... it sucked in my ski and we're very close to each other right now. I ran the stock prop today, and the mid-range and top-end acceleration blew away the two SOLAS props i have... i mean blew them away!!

i'm running 8400-8450 at 3/4 throttle today with a 82 mm ring. Also.. the 81mm ring gave me crappy acceleration. i don't think the 3-seaters are gonna be anything like the RXPs in the pump combos. I'm inclined to play with 82mm for awhile... too bad i dont have a 83 ring (altho that's pretty much what the stock venturi is)

i bet your ski would love my skat pitched 14/18.5 with a race finish on it... for some reason i couldn't fling my 14/18.5 mroe than 8000. the 15/20 had me jammed at 7900, and i took a sizeable amoutn of pitch out of the 15/20 and gained nothing and acceleration was absolutely boring. when i ran the B kit and RR ECU... i ran 8300 and 73.2 mph on the 14/18.5
    Steve, Are you saying a stocker outperformed a Solas with your setup? Wow, if that is what you are saying... I know where my 2 mph are, they are in the prop tweeking and rings...I just don't know if it will be a Solas 15/20 or the Skat 3 blade when all is said and done. Is that Skat 14/18.5 a 3 blade? Is it straight out of the box? I like the sound of it....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information