Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SC warranty question

Shibby do you know if they are putting the 06 spec clutch in if you have 05 clutch that is slipping ?

I know this sounds bad but I was thinking maybe someone could tell me how to pull the SC and make it slip. Then I could get a 06 clutch like it should have.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    any clutch failure under warranty is replaced with 06 OEM specs. they don't make 03, 04, or 05 clutch kits anymore

If you want your clutch to go just go ride in the ocean or really heavy chop or jump waves with it. Ride it hard do some sharp S turns back and forth. It will go.

+1
    When you are jumping per green hornet's instruction don't let off on the throttle when you catch air, ride it like a n00b!

How does the clutch go anyway ? The washer breaks apart then the clutch breaks ?
    Is there a way I can take the SC off and somehow make/show failure and take it to the dealership ?
    Then if they don't give me a 06 clutch I'll just buy one ?
    I think the 04-05 clutch should be a recall.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    why would u want to ride your ski and beat it up and cause clutch failure? then you gotta hope to god u have a decent dealer to check over the covers and pumps for any scractches or damage. then if u need a front cover and oil pumps and the motor pulled and a SC rebuild u'll be without a ski for god knows how long...

ride the ski.... don't screw around with anything. when the metal washers come out, then do a whole 06 or HD rebuild kit

I don't want to ride and mess it up. I want to pull the SC mess it up and take the SC to the dealership.

Jerry said the metal washers only work with the 06 and RR shafts. So if I want metal washers I would have to do the Les ones.

Do it right and just go buy the 06 clutch and replace it.

By screwing around trying to break something that's not broke, your going to screw up something else...just not worth it.

Your playing with fire.

+1
    Come on.. The 2004 shaft and all is good.. It is just the ceramic washiers. Buy Les's washiers Like I did and install them and save some cash. No big reason to get the 06 when ya have the metal washiers available for your ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire
    Come on.. The 2004 shaft and all is good.. It is just the ceramic washiers. Buy Les's washiers Like I did and install them and save some cash. No big reason to get the 06 when ya have the metal washiers available for your ski.

Thats what I was thinking. Do you have the link for the washers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information