Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Msx110 Oil Problems!!

I am working on 2 2004 polaris msx 110 w turbo's both have the same problem! The customer said they changed the oil and they slowly started losing power no the won't get above about 2500rpm. When I first started I checked the intercooler and it was full of oil plus there was some oil in the intake. I bypassed the intercooler with a piece of hose but it still won't do any better! The customer put to much oil in it I changed the oil and filter also! It starts and runs good it just won't get over 2 bars of boost and about 8mph that is what it was doing before I started working on it! I checked the compression it has 140psi per cylinder. Can anybody give me an idea of what to look for?

Thanks
    Greg

+1
    Greg, I'm certainly no 4 stroke expert on these things but I recall the sensors and intake gets full of oil and until it's all cleaned and sensors replaced you will not solve the problem.
    Check the tech section under 4 stroke Weber and you should find the procedure for cleaning and repairing those rides.
    It will also tell you the proper technique for filling and checking the oil level.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Greg, I'm certainly no 4 stroke expert on these things but I recall the sensors and intake gets full of oil and until it's all cleaned and sensors replaced you will not solve the problem.
    Check the tech section under 4 stroke Weber and you should find the procedure for cleaning and repairing those rides.
    It will also tell you the proper technique for filling and checking the oil level.
    I may be mis-remembering this (so do cross check this elsewhere), but I think one of the problems is that the Full level on the dipstick was for the HOT, not cold, oil level.

If the oil is filled up to the Full line when cold, it is over filled when hot, and the oil gets pumped into lots of places it should not go.

I think some owners have gone as far as re-marking the oil dipstick;
    Full Hot, Full Cold, Low Hot, Low Cold

Classic case of too much oil. You will probably have to replace the sensors...check the service manual on this site for the list.

Every brand of 4 stroke skis has gone through this learning curve...the owner doesn't realize that, with a dry sump system, you HAVE to run the engine for a short period, in order to check the oil in the reservoir!

dumb question

I am having a rough time finding this tech section you are referring too. I there anyway you can send me the link please!!

Thanks
    Greg

+1

+1

Cool

ya there were supost to update dip stick ,to show lower level never went thru just run at low level BUT you may have to clean sensor in air intake and O2 sensor maybe trashed
    have fun later cd

Thumbs up You guys rock

Man you guys all rock thanks for all your help I am not even worthy to talk to you guys!! Do you guys think I will have to replace all the sensors? I know the throttle motor works fine but don't know about everything else! Again guys thanks for all your help!!!

+1
    I would think the O2 sensor will NOT take a cleaning.
    The other sensors uhhhh maybe, try cleaning them with brake clean or better yet electrical board cleaner.

Talking Thanks

Guys you don't know how much you have helped me if you ever need any advice on something I may know don't hesitate to ask and maybe I can be of assistance in the future!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information