Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,442
    +1
    1

    Any other thing to do....

    Is there any other free/cheap mod to do while the pump is out waiting for the new prop?


  2. #2
    OPAS blocks and ride plate holes.

  3. #3
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,442
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JRW1484
    OPAS blocks and ride plate holes.
    I am doing bothand the intake grate

    I just need more details on how to do the ride plate and intake grate hole filling. How and where do I put the piece of rope and tape?....

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    1,439
    cut a peice of rop so that it fits around the bolt head and then duck tape it up in the and then fill it with propxy or waterweld...

  5. #5
    jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Posts
    712
    I put some string around the bolt heads and then fillied in the holes with JB Weld stick. I kept a cup of water the to wet my finger to smooth out the jb weld so there is very little sanding to do.

    With the ride plate holes I used black permatex silicone ( from the auto parts store) and used the wet finger trick again. No string there because that is easy to remove.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    I put some string around the bolt heads and then fillied in the holes with JB Weld stick. I kept a cup of water the to wet my finger to smooth out the jb weld so there is very little sanding to do.

    With the ride plate holes I used black permatex silicone ( from the auto parts store) and used the wet finger trick again. No string there because that is easy to remove.
    Jack here is one for ya!
    put in the silicone, spray with glass cleaner around the area, use flat edge, ie: body spatula, razor blade, rubber squeegy etc, give it a swipe and your done. the glass cleaner will not let the silicone stick to any of the surrounding areas, except in the holes.... worth a shot heh!?...PR...

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,442
    +1
    1
    Sweet....Thanks

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    691

    Re: Any other thing to do....

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT
    Is there any other free/cheap mod to do while the pump is out waiting for the new prop?
    Geo, which prop? what spec's? thanks

    Ray

  10. #10
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,442
    +1
    1

    Re: Any other thing to do....

    Quote Originally Posted by GPR/STX-15F/RXT
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT
    Is there any other free/cheap mod to do while the pump is out waiting for the new prop?
    Geo, which prop? what spec's? thanks

    Ray
    Solas 14/19 Ray...How's your machine running?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Any other North Carolina riders' on here?
    By Sabu1984 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 07:33 AM
  2. Any other recomendations for winterization?
    By jcorallo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 02:19 PM
  3. Anyone have any other ideas to get my damn GTX movin?
    By camar0 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 01:56 PM
  4. Any other seats fit on a SL hull?
    By Rodneyae in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 08:14 PM
  5. Addicted,codeman, Oldman,any Other Raiders
    By BULLRAIDER in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •