Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/11

9/11

GOD BLESS AMERICA! The BEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET!

if that video doesnt touch a spot in your heart then u need help ...god bless our young troops ..a ll of em but esc the young ones that are scared and far from home

+1

dude everytime i see them bodies falling i think that is someones son , dad brother sister mom etc etc so sad

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i forget how close to home that really was. Time has gone by quickly. I remember being in English class and the president and principal going around the school yanking select kids out of class, all of us wondering wtf was going on and what excitement we were missing.

Well, those select kids were my friends and classmates directly impacted because they were notified first about what happen because their parents were in it. Some were relieved later at night or the following day when their mom or dad showed up at home after walking home from NYC back to long island all through the night. Some didn't have that luxury of seeing mom or dad step back through the front door

after the kids were pulled out of class...15 minutes later they made an announcement through the school of what was occurring while we were in class and during lunch period from the top floor we can see the entire Manhattan skyline covered in smoke.

You'll never find more tears in an All Guys school than there were that day.

i remeber the f 16s and appaches circling phila ..it was so scary and spooky to hear and see that i guess they didnt know if philly was gonna get smacked next

I was in 6th grade when it happened, and I remember seeing the smoke all the way from branford up the coastline. I get sick to my stomach just watching that. I just think of how lucky I am. The first thing I did when I got home from school was, gave my mom a hug, and the same for my dad when he got home from work. I know it sounds terrible but I am so thankful for the men I know serving in the middle east putting rounds through the heads of those stupid ass terrorists. I just don't understand what they think they are getting out of this kind of dumb shit. All because they think some guy with like eight arms will be pleased by it. God has his reasons for wvwrything. I don't know what he is planning, but one thing is for sure, it sure brought our country closer together. I love our country and am so greatful for everything and everyone in my life. I thank the victims and their families for their sacrafice, and I only wish there was some way to justify their suffering, but there just isn't anything. I thank God every day for my family and friends, and I have complete faith in what God is doing. God Bless America! Charlie

+1
    I can tell you as a Canadian I would classify that as the second worst day in my life....
    I definatly felt for you guys....And alot of us felt helpless...

+1
    How soon some of us have forgotten... politisising security of this country... and in the same breath, thinking about Iran and what is really right... should anyone straighten them out? Do we all have the will to do it... or will we just wink at Israel and let them sneak in there and take care of business? That sounds like a good thread?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information