Thread: How To: Pump Removal
06-06-2005, 09:32 PM #1
How To: Pump Removal
Hey, how about a how to for removing the pump?
06-07-2005, 07:31 AM #2
This is from memory, so If I miss a step or size, feel free to chime in.
1. Remove bot/nut from steering linkage from steering venturi with 10mm socket and wrench.
2. Remove metric allen head bolt from VTS linkage located on steering venturi. This is a tight fitting plastic piece, but it will pop out after bolt is removed.
3. Remove bolt/nut from reverse linkage with 10mm socket and wrench.
4. With a long extension and 17mm socket remove the 4 bolts that hod the pump to the hull. I break all bolts loose in an X pattern and then remove in the same fashion.
5. The pump can now be removed.
**This is for pumps with the OPAS linkage removed**
04-05-2011, 09:16 PM #3
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
Can anyone post pics on this would like more detail since I'm new to this, and plan on replacing wear rings .myself.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 160Last Post: 07-28-2014, 07:29 PM
By K-Dubb in forum Yamaha How To & FAQsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
By wb800 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2009, 04:05 PM
By Fandini in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 2Last Post: 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM
By jonstephens in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 07-12-2005, 08:32 AM