Thread: Blue Angels

Blue Angels

Found this link of a reported who takes a ride in a blue angels cockpit and does some barrel rolls and hit some pretty high G's... and oh by the way passes out three times!!!

Scene #3 is my favorite...

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/swf/bl...blueangels.swf

just wondering, but has anybody on the Michigan side of the Lake Michigan shoreline ever seen jets fly extremely low doing fly-byes? At least 5-6 times this summer we have seen some, so low that you could actually see the driver, had to have been even with the tree lines of the dunes, and one time we even saw a stealth bomber, that was honestly more freaky then awsome, seeing something like that randomly fly over you very low is a tad scary

I have seen stuff just like you are talking about and also seen these guys in an airshow dozens of times... Two things:

After some other snooping I found out the pilot in this video died recently in an air show...

The blue angels and others are amazing and I know that I couldn't do what they do.... Seems like the Navy lost an amazing pilot.

I was out on the water in Lake Ontario couple summers ago and for some reason they were doing low flying high speed runs about two miles off shore... silver F-14's... really cool and really loud!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    just wondering, but has anybody on the Michigan side of the Lake Michigan shoreline ever seen jets fly extremely low doing fly-byes? At least 5-6 times this summer we have seen some, so low that you could actually see the driver, had to have been even with the tree lines of the dunes, and one time we even saw a stealth bomber, that was honestly more freaky then awsome, seeing something like that randomly fly over you very low is a tad scary
    One of the coolest things that has ever happend to me. I was riding my Friends Polaris SLT 750 on michigan about 3 or 4 years ago and this was while the Air show was going on in Chicago. and the Base where the planes were parked was near where we rode. out of nowhere while iw as hauling ass a F-14 flew right over my head about 3-4 football fields up. One of the coolest things i have ever seen. I was in a complete awh for about 5 min.

yea, the ones im talkin about though are like right over the beach, not a mile out or so . . . when the stealth bomber flew over I was in the channel and yea, for like 5 minuts I just couldnt believe what I just saw lol

+1
    Yea,i am from Kalamazoo and use to go down to the lake and sometimes see the jets passing over,however now i live on the beach in florida by Tyndall Airforce Base and it is every day,nice.. I am also a pilot and when flying the coast it can get exciting when they toy with us,ATC cracks up when they do!!!!!!

Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    That brings back memories of being in the NAVY. I got to fly back seat in F-4's, that was better than any ride at any park!!

My son loved the video clips.

Thread Information