winterization question again!

hello from Craig, thanks much in advance -- today's the day to winterize because tomorrow in the early AM the temp drops to 27 degrees!!!

So i am winterizing my RXP supercharged now, but for using the engine fogging oil, the service manual says "remove the two bolts that hold the fuel rail on", then "remove the rail along with the three fuel injectors".

However, i can't find anywhere in the service manual to describe this process. I can lift off the engine cover where it takes the oil cap and throttle body lube hole with it, and i believe i see the fuel rail, but i am not sure. I don't want to proceed with abandon and mess things up.

Can't i just spray the fogging lube into the air intake while the engine is running until it stalls out?

Can anyone tell me in more detail where is the rail i am supposed to remove?

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

check PM.

Running to a meeting then if I can wil post the info here

+1
    This should be a picture of the fuel rail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuelrail.gif 
Views:	79 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	45065  

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

I can help I'm at the jersey shore also

Jerseyshore I can help you winterize I live near Capemay. How far are you from Capemay?

Don't spray fogging oil into the intake. That is not how you lube the cylinders.

You must spray the lube into the fuel injector ports after you remove the fuel rail. You want another person to crank the engine in the drown mode while you spray the lube. This gets the lube evenly distributed to all the internal metal parts.

Drown mode is when you hold the throttle wide open from the throttle body with your hand.

This prevents the engine from starting while cranking it.

Let me know where your location is so we can meet up to do your winterize

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Photo Of the Fuel Rail and 2 Mounting Screws

Here is a pic of the fuel rail. I drew an arrow pointing to the fuel rail. I circled the 2 screws you must remove to get the fuel rail off.

After u remove the screws the fuel rail will pull of towards you and the injectors will stay conected to the rail.

Spray the lube inside the injector holes then push the rail and injectors back into the injector holes. Put 2 screws back on.

Crank engine in drown mode to distribute the lube.

Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FuelRail.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	45253  

Dont forget to change the oil and filter before you winterize the Ski, it not good to leve the old oil in the motor over the winter!

www.WMFwatercraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMFwatercraft View Post
    Dont forget to change the oil and filter before you winterize the Ski, it not good to leve the old oil in the motor over the winter!

www.WMFwatercraft.com
    what if the old oil only has 15+ hours of run time in it?...PR...

Yes even with only 15 hours it should be changed, there are chemicals in the oil wich break down when used and when the oil sits in the motor for long periods of time it can cause damage to the bearing surfaces and other internal metal parts, we always change the oil before we winterize them and put them away for the winter

www.WMFwatercraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMFwatercraft View Post
    Yes even with only 15 hours it should be changed, there are chemicals in the oil wich break down when used and when the oil sits in the motor for long periods of time it can cause damage to the bearing surfaces and other internal metal parts, we always change the oil before we winterize them and put them away for the winter

www.WMFwatercraft.com
    and do you change the oil again when you reccommision the ski?
    even with sythetics?...PR...

no we only change the oil once a season unless the customer uses it over 100 hours in a season or the ski is heavly modified, when you bring the ski out of winterization we run it on the flusher to remove the fogging oil and install new spark plugs,

Thread Information