Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

police quick to use fatal force,video,taser,death

robert dziekanski convulses on the floor after being hit with two taser blasts at vancouver international airport on oct.14

watch this video www.montrealgazette.com under featured multimedia highlited in blue warning may offense some viewers.

http://winnipegsun.com/News/Canada/2...5/4658218.html

Full story.

I can't see the video from work, but If the whole video shows what the atricle says then the police prob did the right thing. A man in an airport acting like a wackjob... Taser. Makes sense. Second taser shot, from reading, prob wasn't needed. But I'll withhold till i see the vid after work.

+1
    Seems police have forgotten their job is to protect and serve. Quick to use force is starting to be a very common occurrence in North America. Dare I say, welcome to the police state, may I see your papers citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by miketrin View Post
    Seems police have forgotten their job is to protect and serve. Quick to use force is starting to be a very common occurrence in North America. Dare I say, welcome to the police state, may I see your papers citizen.

i totaly agree,even a taser gun is a tool that can kill someone anytime anyday,the person who uses it does not know the other persons health problems (heart problems) etc...

on the same week there was a 13 year old girl who punched a 12 year old boy and the boy died in the school yard,he had health problems with his heart wich everyone in the school knew about.

+1
    Could you guys point me to the links that can verify the Taser as the cause of death. All of them that I have followed up on have ALWAYS ended in the cause of death as some other type of medical problems that the suspects have. In short if you have medical problems do not act stupid in front of the police and you should have nothing to worry about from the Taser.

Think maybe the cop's knee on the guys neck could have led to his death?

Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    http://winnipegsun.com/News/Canada/2...5/4658218.html

Full story.

I can't see the video from work, but If the whole video shows what the atricle says then the police prob did the right thing. A man in an airport acting like a wackjob... Taser. Makes sense. Second taser shot, from reading, prob wasn't needed. But I'll withhold till i see the vid after work.
    hmmm.. airport? first thing comes to mind is language barrier. maybe that's why the guy was acting strange cause he couldn't understand what they wanted?

I can tell you he doesn't speak Russian and he was just blurting shit out that made no sense. He was also apparently very pissed off at someone. I also wonder if he wasn't a little intoxicated. But let's see there were three or four police officer's, no need to use a taser gun like that.
    Last edited by Marioski; 11-16-2007 at 07:58 PM.

+1
    So an all out fist fight with him would be better ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marioski View Post
    hmmm.. airport? first thing comes to mind is language barrier. maybe that's why the guy was acting strange cause he couldn't understand what they wanted?

I can tell you he doesn't speak Russian and he was just blurting shit out that made no sense. He was also apparently very pissed off at someone. I also wonder if he wasn't a little intoxicated. But let's see there were three or four police officer's, no need to use a taser gun like that.

+1
    Pepper spray.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    So an all out fist fight with him would be better ?

+1
    Pepper spray works fairly well on all but those determined to fight. It is not uncommon for the officers or bystanders to take the worst part of the spray. I still am not able to locate anything that proves that the Taser was the sole cause of any death. While it may be a contributing factor listed in some, all of them have had a medical condition or drug use that was the ultimate cause.
    The number of injuries to the officers, citizens and offenders has dropped greatly since the use of the Taser has come to be. There have been many more injuries for all involved with the use of slap jacks, straight batons, choke holds, bean bag rounds and pepper spray.
    And while it is easy for anyone to do a little monday morning quaterbacking, it is hard to say if it was handled correctly unless you were there and have knowledge of the laws and policies in that jurisdiction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information