Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GPRXP pump setups

What pump setups are you guys running?? Where does the extension come from?? I have found the pump extension kit and the high output pump conversion at islandracing. Is that the extension that is needed? Any other place to find them at? Why the 2005 pump?? Thanks!!!!

I have been looking today and have been unable to find out codymouse54321 what is the advantage to the 2" pump extension? Thanks!

go look at island racing under yamaha gp1200r

+1
    OK guys here is the main reason why we did what we did on the conversion ski's in reguars to the pump. As we were building GPR's with 2 stroke motors we found that the 2005 pump and Dyna fly prop was about 1 MPH faster and with the extention it had better rough water hook up. We also found that the 2005 pump didnt un load as bad as the other pumps did when it came out of the water compaired to the pumps with extentions. Now on the GPRXP's we have found that the 2005 pump is still not up to the challange, Mark, Joe, and Jerry are trying the Scat pumps to see if they help get all the low end power to the water that the Seadoo motors make.

I hope this helps

+1
    I'm perfectly happy with the 2005 pump for smooth water speeds, and it's good enough for out of the hole with a 1200 grate.

You can run the pump WITHOUT THE TWO INCH EXTENSION. All you need to do is use the 2002 GPR driveshaft, which is 2" shorter.

I designed this so that you can run with or without the 2 inch extension. We first ran it at 80mph with the old style 2000-2004 pump and no 2" extension. It ran just fine. Repeat, it ran JUST FINE. The 05 pump is more than up to the job for 99% of the folks on here.

12/14 vien Skat pumps should be considered only if you ride extreme rough water, or am planning to race closed course....and only then with a skat swirl prop.

The 05 pump is MILES ahead of any other Factory pump on the market for smooth water speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with the 2005 pump for smooth water speeds, and it's good enough for out of the hole with a 1200 grate.

You can run the pump WITHOUT THE TWO INCH EXTENSION. All you need to do is use the 2002 GPR driveshaft, which is 2" shorter.

I designed this so that you can run with or withoutthe 2 inch extension. We first ran it at 80mph with the old style 2000-2004 pump and no 2" extension. It ran just fine. Repeat, it ran JUST FINE. The 05 pump is more than up to the job for 99% of the folks on here.

12/14 vien Skat pumps should be considered only if you ride extreme rough water, or am planning to race closed course....and only then with a skat swirl prop.

The 05 pump is MILES ahead of any other Factory pump on the market for smooth water speeds.
    I have a 2000 ski. I am still a little confused and i wanna thank you guys for helping me out ahead of time.

Is 2002 the only year for the shorter driveshaft??

Which driveshaft if i decide to go with the 2000 pump?

Which driveshaft if i decide to go with the 2005 pump?

Can i just run the 2005 pump and no extension? What does the extension do to help?

You said "just fine" with the old pumps-- Does that mean the 2005 pump is much better?

You also say that "you designed it so you can run with or without the 2" extension"-- i dont understand that statement.

Sorry if i am an idiot guys-- i am just trying to get my hull ready to roll!!!
    Last edited by codymouse54321; 11-15-2007 at 05:31 PM.

+1
    Well sorry for miss guiding you

i think i just think too much. Where do i get the pump extension as well.

+1
    Boats.net

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    I have a 2000 ski. I am still a little confused and i wanna thank you guys for helping me out ahead of time.

Is 2002 the only year for the shorter driveshaft?? Yes, 2002 was the ONLY year they used the 28" drive shaft.

Which driveshaft if i decide to go with the 2000 pump? It doesnt matter what pump you use. The intermediate shaft and spacer is what determines which drive shaft you use.

Which driveshaft if i decide to go with the 2005 pump? See above

Can i just run the 2005 pump and no extension? What does the extension do to help? You can run the 05 pump without the extension. IMO the spacer helps with rough water "hook up"

You said "just fine" with the old pumps-- Does that mean the 2005 pump is much better? The 05 pump is a "better" choice. The older pumps will work but not as efficient as the 05.

You also say that "you designed it so you can run with or without the 2" extension"-- i dont understand that statement. Once again, all he has to do is swap between the 28" (02 year model) and 30" (all years EXCEPT for 02) shafts. If you use the 02 and up intermediate shaft, you can do this.

Sorry if i am an idiot guys-- i am just trying to get my hull ready to roll!!!
    Recap:

Intermediate shafts on the GPR's
    00-01 are the same
    02-08 are the same (will work on ANY application as long as you have the 28" and 30" drive shafts) Use the 28" without the 2" spacer and the 30" with the spacer.

Drive shafts on the GPR's
    00-01 and 03-08 are the same (30")
    02 is the only year that uses the 28" shaft

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information