Angry Please Help with Sea-doo Customer Service

Boy oh boy do I hate Sea-Doo customer service. Here's my problem, I purchased a 2006 Utopia new from a Sea-Doo Dealer. Dropped in the water and had a broken radio and Check Engine Light at full speed on the starboard motor. This is 2006, I still have the check engine light problem today. my boat been back to the dealer about 8 times, the problem is really just a annoyince, it performs okay but I know I will never be able to sell the boat this way. The service dept at the dealership had tryed everything but can't find the problem. They contact BRP for help but they don't know what it is either, they beleive it's in the wiring harness but BRP will not send the part out. Does anybody have recommandations for me to get this problem fixed?? I contact BRP and they blame it all on the dealership, the dealership says they are asking BRP for help but they don't come through. Basically I getting the run around. I would take it to the next nearest dealership but it's a 2 hour drive one way and I dont really have the friggin time.

I love the boat but I would never buy another Sea-doo product just because of this problem I have had.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    whats ur location so we can recommend a good dealer in ur area

BRP wouldn't allow a so poor customer service.....just change your dealer right away....this one is a crappy one, then you might get better service.

Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster
    BRP wouldn't allow a so poor customer service.....
    Come on, Bob, that's like saying the Angolan government wouldn't allow its citizens to get killed over diamonds. Sure they would (and do). I've called BRP before and was shocked how they went out of their way to NOT help. After buying a $20K boat, they would not comment on what the SC washers where made out of.

To the original poster, if the check engine light comes on, isn't there an internal code the dealership can pull out of BUDS that triggered the warning light?
    Last edited by VX1; 11-17-2007 at 11:46 AM.

I know....but i'm pretty sure that if you change from dealer it can helps you out....i had similar experiences with a car...and believe me the first step when you do not have a good service is change dealer....then again if you do not have any service....you then call customer service and be polite...(not to piss them off) and they will take care of you, it's never good for anybody to NOT take care of their customers.

But i don't know for BRP...never reached that point for myself...as my dealer helps me out each time i need it.
    Last edited by Jeepster; 11-17-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Hey jeepster. What speed are you getting outa your mods? I ended the season with exactly what you have minus the SC wheel.

I would also have to agree about BRP's customer service it is really bad.

The Dealer says the fault coming back is low volttage, which trips the alarm. They have replaced batteries, voltage regulator, the guage itself. What my dealer beleives the problem is the wiring harness, BRP wont send them a new harness because of the cost and labor involved to do the job. They say they are investigating to find other ways to fix, rather than replacing the whole harness.

Whoever says BRP customer Service is good, is off there meds.. They friggin suck, I hearing this from everbody I speak with.

Bad Customer Service

has always been a Sea Doo thing. From day one. The posts are correct
    in that it is about the dealer. If your problem is not solved soon, you can
    resort to legal action. Depends on what your goal is, problem resolution
    or return of product. You are right in that selling your boat would be difficult
    with warning lights going off. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by cfnnslsq View Post
    Hey jeepster. What speed are you getting outa your mods? I ended the season with exactly what you have minus the SC wheel.

I would also have to agree about BRP's customer service it is really bad.

Can't tell....the boat was not even retested prior the weather came really cold out here...will now in spring/summer time....and you...did you get any good results out of that set-up...?

Thread Information