Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wideband O2 Sensor Mounting

Does anyone know where to mount an wideband O2 sensor on a R-12x.
    I need somewhere it is not waterjacketed??????

Hey, I plan on getting one too, If I can ever get this big turbo. Shawn would know the best place, But Ive seen people mount it down by the turbo, they removed one of those allen bolts, and drilled and tapped it. me personally I think that is a ok spot ,a little hot there tho. Id try to mount it a little further down the exhaust system, maybe where it goes down, before the water box on the left of the ski, there is a allen bolt there too, ive seen one mount it there before. What kind of wide band did you purchace?

i have not got one yet just doing research before i start, saves having mistakes later, i was thiking about mounting it into the coss pipe that goes from the turbo outlet housing( alloy ) to the muffler.
    Any further ideas would be appreciated, and if anyone has fitted one to an R-12X please take a picture of it and post it.

Thanks

behind the plug that is removed, is it a water jacket or does it enter the exhaust track straight away???

In that location I believe it goes straight through. The only part that is water jacketed is the wastegate housing itself. That is a good location there, however when I get mine Im going a little further down the exhaust tract.

i agree i would like to get it further form the turbo housing but every where further back is water jacketed and the at the muffler before the waterbox water is injected into the exhaust chamber, dont want to run the risk of getting water onto the tip of the o2 sensor.
    Also i want to keep the exhaust system looking stock with no extra holes if possible or if that cant be done i will drill and tap and then fit a bung after.

Quote Originally Posted by vnm02 View Post
    i agree i would like to get it further form the turbo housing but every where further back is water jacketed and the at the muffler before the waterbox water is injected into the exhaust chamber, dont want to run the risk of getting water onto the tip of the o2 sensor.
    Also i want to keep the exhaust system looking stock with no extra holes if possible or if that cant be done i will drill and tap and then fit a bung after.

Sooo, you running a nitro kit?

no not at the moment, i am going to try my own fuel interceptor and some other parts to see how that will go.

Quote Originally Posted by vnm02 View Post
    no not at the moment, i am going to try my own fuel interceptor and some other parts to see how that will go.

How do you plan on getting by the rev limiter of 6500 rpm? All the add ons without a aftermarket ECU. It will not give you more than maybe 67 mph and thats if you do some plate and pump work! To monitor fuel with the O2 isn't a bad idea though.

Randy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information