Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MUST READ; RXP-X 82+ mph stock class trim

Re: RXPX Racing in the stock class?
    We are doing some testing on a demo rxpx right now and with a new prop and a reprogrammed brain we are radaring it at 82.7 . With the remapped brain its pushing an extra 30 hp. Basically the boat is governed in about 10 different ways to keep the coast guard happy. The boat halls *** now, but it still handles like an rxp. The mods we have done are all stock class legal. If we take it a step further for limited we could have it going close to 90 easily. The excelleration though is a bite slower then the out of the crate rxpx. The only reason its pulling that hard out of the whole is from a really low pitched prop. For close course stock class my rxx is still hitting 0-30mph faster. The rxpx has alot of power, but doesnt have the handling for closed course.
    But, this is the perfect example of why they need to seperate the 4strokes from 2 strokes. Or like Carlos said, they may divide the classes by engine size.. I couldnt imagine sitting at the line with a stock legal rxpx pushing 285hp lined up next to a couple xpl's pushing 135hp. I already feel bad enough running my rxx in the stock class.

This came from pwctoday on page 4 of the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=144989
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 11-16-2007 at 10:03 PM.

+1

you shittin me

sigh, I havent even closed on mine yet, and i got a whole FU%$ing winter to sit and wait.. Thanks...

No really thanks...

I cant imagine that is legit! A rude w/ ecu and prop doesn't do 82. Guess we will see! I am sure Jerry will chime in on those numbers--

+1
    I will believe that info when somebody here buys a production unit from a regular SEA DOO dealer and is able to get that speed from so few mods.

+1
    Well Les Cooke's Stock Class RXPs with his Autronic ECUs are running like 76mph. So it could be possible and I've talked to the guy who posted that. Apparently he has the hook up with Seadoo and the guy who was messing with the ECU also has reprogrammed the ECU on his RXX and he said it cut his 0-30 time in half.

+1
    Complete BS. The "brain" ECU is not programmable.

90 easily? LOL!
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 11-16-2007 at 09:08 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    This is why I want the turbo. Turn up the boost and I will still be able to make braggarts like this cry.

A rude w/ ecu and prop doesn't do 82.
    My rxp runs that in the cool with ease....Actually a little better 83.3

+1
    I second that...Complete BS.....besides the ECU in the RXX (if you could even call it that) was primitive by todays standards and there is nothing that could be done to it that would "cut the 0-30 time on half" PERIOD !!

Richard

+1

well jerry saw this, this is his post a few page later...

Re: RXPX Racing in the stock class?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cblackly
    We are doing some testing on a demo rxpx right now and with a new prop and a reprogrammed brain we are radaring it at 82.7 . With the remapped brain its pushing an extra 30 hp. Basically the boat is governed in about 10 different ways to keep the coast guard happy. The boat halls *** now, but it still handles like an rxp. The mods we have done are all stock class legal. If we take it a step further for limited we could have it going close to 90 easily. The excelleration though is a bite slower then the out of the crate rxpx. The only reason its pulling that hard out of the whole is from a really low pitched prop. For close course stock class my rxx is still hitting 0-30mph faster. The rxpx has alot of power, but doesnt have the handling for closed course.
    But, this is the perfect example of why they need to seperate the 4strokes from 2 strokes. Or like Carlos said, they may divide the classes by engine size.. I couldnt imagine sitting at the line with a stock legal rxpx pushing 285hp lined up next to a couple xpl's pushing 135hp. I already feel bad enough running my rxx in the stock class.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    A reprogrammed brain? Do you mind sharing with us how you reprogrammed the ECU since nobody has been able to do so as of yet. Since you were able to crack the ECU you surely reset the rev limiter. What do you have it set at and what measures have you taken to ensure the valvetrain is up to par?

Can you tell me the 10 different ways the ski is governed?

Thanks for your time in answering these questions.
    www.4-tecperformance.com
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 11-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information