Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

i gained 450+ rpms from 81mm to 82mm

i couldn't tell ya

ran this prop last weekend and could not break 70 mph and 7950 rpms... i put it back in for shits and giggles and now she wants to hit the rev limiter and it accelerates like a raped ape to 8450!! it's like my ski found new power on its own between couple days ago and now. I could not turn any prop above 7950 last week with 81mm nozzle. this weekend i switched to 82mm nozzle and tried stock prop and SOLAS and both are smacking the rev limiter liek no other with acceleration and power like never before.

could not find glass water, or even calm water at that very very windy and nasty here in NY today with bad swells and chops in all my speed run hiding spots. was able to pull 72.1 @ 8400 with slack left in the throttle due to rev limiter and for a brief time until i got unhooked

and the Riva sponsons are AMAZINGGGGG. Jerry pushed me over the edge to buy a set to solve my choppy water sideway rock the ski did... i put them on all the way down, and the hook-up in the rough, handling, and the ride are UNBELIEVABLE! makes the ski feel more powerful... it rides smoother in the rough to the point i can jsut sit on the seat and the ski rides really high and goes right across without getting unhooked. with stock sponsons i would have been rocking all over and standing up and getting unhooked.

Nice numbers! congrats! bet you feel better. So with it dialed in, which prop does the best acceleration and top end the solas or stock ?

SKEG TIME!!!

I wonder what Jeff is going to hit if he was doing 72 without the ECU

Are you able to set your extrex garmin to get track updates in 1sec then you can post acceleration numbers. PM me if you need help with it.

Can you spin out or do a 180 with your Riva's ?

+1
    i'm still not even close to dialed in... not quite skeg time. i should be at 73+ easily after i get the right prop and pitch.

i'm not spinning out in April with cold water and screwing around. I'm going straight and going fast. I did turn a few times as usual to head the opposite way to test speed, and usually i can turn it all the way and be WOT and not spin it and make a decent turn. with these sponsons it turns on a dime and grabs! Potentially the best item i've purchased thus far sadly

i have a GPSMAP 76C ... not an etrex

+1
    Shibby1485---With some fine tuning with your adjustable venturies you will find that for all around 81mm will be your "sweet spot." However--if you really want to get into this --get yourself a little weather station--barametric presure--air temp--humidity--feet above sea level--start a log book for the vairables--and you will be suprised at the performance gains you will have--you will be running "on the edge" all the time. I have been doing this for several months now and it cant be beat. Also--you need to move to south Texas or south Louisana--always good weather--none of that snow stuff or cold weather. Ride year round in shorts and a tank top.

+1
    WOW! i cant believe you gained so many RPM's with 1 mm bigger venturi

Oh yea, stock sponsons suck bad. Lets start a stock sponson donation drive for Compwiz and Jawz

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i have a GPSMAP 76C ... not an etrex
    That's all you need. It is a garmin
    http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap76c/
    I can get gps update every sec.
    I'll send you a pm.

+1
    Shibby,
    For those of us that haven't been following closely enough, could you list exactly what your ski did as far as performance when stock, and exactly what your mods are now? List every single mod.
    Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    WOW! i cant believe you gained so many RPM's with 1 mm bigger venturi

Oh yea, stock sponsons suck bad. Lets start a stock sponson donation drive for Compwiz and Jawz
    Start donating...I'm waiting! Oh I need some hardware

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA
    Shibby,
    For those of us that haven't been following closely enough, could you list exactly what your ski did as far as performance when stock, and exactly what your mods are now? List every single mod.
    Thanks.
    not going to list the "appearance" of cosmetics and ergonomics... performance mods are as follows:

2005 RXT w/ 100hours on it:

Thru-hull Exhaust
    4" air Intake
    Rideplate holes filled
    Riva Sponsons
    NOPAS
    2.5 Wedge and steering bushing flipped
    Ebay Intercooler w/ shitty plumbing
    waterbox and J pipe modded
    Skat adjustable venturi
    2006 Rotax Racing ECU

currently 82mm nozzle, SOLAS 14/18.5 doing 72+ @ 8400+ rpms at LESS than WOT so i don't float my stock valves. Was very difficult to get top speed numbers today given the real bad water conditions

still more to come, but not for another few weeks

shitty plumbing ? You don't like your plumbing ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information