Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: injectors

injectors

im replacing my stock with the 42# injectors, how do i do it. i know how to remove the fuel rail so skip that part

+1
    Once you have the rail off there are 3 clips that hold the injectors into the fuel rail..Just pull the clips out carfully not to drop them into the hull and pull the injectors out of the rail..When putting the 42s in just do the opposite BUT use a little lube on the rubber O-rings so they slide in with ease and you dont cut or pinch one..Put the clips back in and your done..its pretty easy..

OPPS Posted under my wifes account...Sorry

Scott

Banned User
    +1
    Wow Missy, you must be spending a lot of time online to get the technical stuff down

My only contribution now is to throw down a large towel on the motor, before you work on the fuel rail....cuz gas will go everywhere...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Wow Missy, you must be spending a lot of time online to get the technical stuff down

My only contribution now is to throw down a large towel on the motor, before you work on the fuel rail....cuz gas will go everywhere...
    Thanks dear...Snoman has been teaching me alot lately
    Think im gonna pull my motor tomarrow

thanks

i wouldn´t mind to know how to take the rail out also, and make this a complete "how to" thread, i think lots of people would be interested, me included of course

ciao jim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    i wouldn´t mind to know how to take the rail out also, and make this a complete "how to" thread, i think lots of people would be interested, me included of course

ciao jim
    To take the rail off first you have to First remove the dipstick then remove the plastic engine cover.Push the two tabs in on each side and lift off..You now will see the top of the engine including the fuel rail..CARFULLY cut the zip ties that hold the coil wireing harness to the fuel rail..Pull aside carefully also..Then you will see two hex head bolts that hold the fuel rail on..they are 8mm.take them out and SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY wiggle the fuel rail out..thats it

thanks mr. and mrs. snowman

that doesn´t sound to difficult to do, but you have to know how, don,t you

thanks jim

+1
    the injectors install VERY easily just make sure u push them ALL the way in as MOST have TWO slots for the mounting clip and u want it in the one closest to the spray end and thats fully inserted in the rail! good luck!
    Last edited by REID2168; 11-19-2007 at 01:51 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Snoman View Post
    Once you have the rail off there are 3 clips that hold the injectors into the fuel rail..Just pull the clips out carfully not to drop them into the hull and pull the injectors out of the rail..When putting the 42s in just do the opposite BUT use a little lube on the rubber O-rings so they slide in with ease and you dont cut or pinch one..Put the clips back in and your done..its pretty easy..
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    To take the rail off first you have to First remove the dipstick then remove the plastic engine cover.Push the two tabs in on each side and lift off..You now will see the top of the engine including the fuel rail..CARFULLY cut the zip ties that hold the coil wireing harness to the fuel rail..Pull aside carefully also..Then you will see two hex head bolts that hold the fuel rail on..they are 8mm.take them out and SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY wiggle the fuel rail out..thats it
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    the injectors install VERY easily just make sure u push them ALL the way in as MOST have TWO slots for the mounting clip and u want it in the one closest to the spray end and thats fully inserted in the rail! good luck as well its a snap! i got a set of 42# injectors to sell if anyone reads this thread and needs some! thanks

Jim,

Just follow these posts and youll have NO problems bro.......

GUARENTEED

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information